All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 25777
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 23, 2018
This is an outdoor-oriented, cosy and clean home-style hostel in Katzrin, at the heart of The Golan Heights. Our town is easily reached by direct buses from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and other major cities in Israel. Also, we are located right next to Yehudiya Nature reserve - one of the most beautiful nature reserves in Israel with a beautiful waterfall. We have A well equipped communal kitchen, clean shared bathrooms, cosy lounge, big terrace, tea garden and music instruments make for a great atmosphere to chill and meet other travelers. Every morning there’s FREE BANANA PANCAKE BREAKFAST – all you can eat!
We are looking for people to help with the daily upkeep, outdoor activities and general development of our hostel. We ask you to work 5 days a week, 7 hours a day and the work will include:
- Daily upkeep of the hostel - basic cleaning, tidying up and changing sheets, sweep and mop, gardening.
- Checking in and informing guests on all there's to do around.
- Having a good time!
- Participating in hostel and outdoor activities.
- Setting a cozy/friendly vibe for the hostel.
All these tasks require an outgoing, responsible person who’s pro-active, social and independent.
We prefer that you stay for at least 6 weeks, so you can learn the tasks efficiently, but you’re always welcome to tell us about your plans and we can see if it fits! We’re very flexible with working days and hours and we will do everything to make it possible for you to explore the area as much as you want.
What do you get in return?
- Free accommodation. Volunteers get a bed in the dormitory, shared with other volunteers and/or guests.
- Basic food - bread/eggs etc. Weekly allowance for fruit and veggies at the local market, every Tuesday.
- Have ready access to world-class hiking trails with waterfalls, wildlife, lush green gorges, etc.
- Free use of mountain bikes and camping gear
- Free or discounted stay at other hostels in Israel during your period of volunteering.
- Pancakes!! Lots of pancakes!! Free pancake breakfast. Basic cooking tools and materials (salt, oil, sugar, eggs, bread, etc.) are also provided.
- Work directly with the friendly owners.
Please note that this is a rather quiet environment. If you are thinking of coming here to volunteer keep in mind that the vibe here is very relaxed as opposed to any other big city.
We, the owners, Daniel and Alon, are two nature lovers who opened the hostel to get tourists interested in the Golan Heights. We are very open-minded and are always open for suggestions. By helping us you will have the opportunity to help develop a brand new business, see the inner workings and learn quite a bit about marketing, finance and other business aspects.
Your help will be much appreciated!
We hope to hear from you soon!
Daniel & Alon..and team