All Year: Yes
Host ID: 29653
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 1, 2018
Please read this note carefully before you send us an e-mail. Thank you.
We are mixed family. Husband is from Norway (seaman) and wife (teacher) is Javanese Indonesian.
We are blessed with 1 girl, she is 5 years young.
Currently we live in Norway and can not host you.
But we have a friend, his name is PATMO. He and his friends own a small cafe and live not far from our house and they would like to continue hosting you.
If you want to have challenging days in small city, please come and stay with us.
His requirements :
1. 1-2 female/male/both (18-40 y.o)
2. speak English/bahasa Indonesia
3. kind, hard working, clean
4. no drugs, no party, no crime
5. between 3 - 5 days (3-5 nights in his place. But if you want to try living with other families and houses of his friends, it can be longer. You can help in schools and communities)
6. adaptable person(s) (you may be the one and only white person/BULE in our city and people like to treat you as you are movie star)
7. "healthy" communication. Please write us e-mail/request properly, so he can check his calendar/availability and then we discuss it more.
We want to know you as we both are strangers. You can't just call/e-mail/text/SMS us and give date/time/duration of stay without further contact. Sorry, we are not hotel.
8. It is important to have phone number/whatsapp/IG/messenger.
9. Please, INFORM us if you agree or not agree with our offer/information in our e-mail. Many of you only ask and give date and when we spare our time to reply about this and that and you guys never replied if it fits with you (or not). Please be respectful.
Our/his offers :
1. simple bed room
2. bath room
3. meals (mostly Indonesian foods)
4. trip inside/outside city or join local communities/friends.
Our needs :
1. help in cafe
2. become "native-speaker" to some schools
3. clean your own bed room (is a must)
4. usually there are a lot of activities in city/village (festival) and we need you to help arranging this and that.
those tasks it can be changed depends on what we need, but mostly something like that.
As we now develop ecco base tourism, you may help also in that area.
If you think it will be fun, contact us and will direct you to our friends in Madiun.
Patmo and Mia family