All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 17
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 32663
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 26, 2018
We are an Ashram and Farm community in the beautiful "Bavarian Forest Nature Park" in the heart of Europe. Our project was established in 1979.
We offer an opportunity to spend quality time together in a spiritual atmosphere and with great vegetarian cooking. We dance, chant and eat together!
We have a unique Temple, which became a place of pilgrimage for the visitors from all around the world. We also have a guest house and 17 ha of land and few cows at the moment.
Here you can spend your time in an eco-friendly farm with a cow protection project and a community of some 20 members (singles and families) practicing an ancient bhakti yoga system and living a simple life in harmony with nature and divine principles.
We organize numerous spiritual festivals throughout the year and teach spirituality people interested.
PLUS POINTS OF THIS PROJECT:
- You will be right in the heart of the Bavarian Forest - clean air, nature, especially good for treks in sunny Summer and snowy Winter!
- You get to join in with a range of activities, be it on our organic farm; our guesthouse; temple activities; around the temple; or with the cows!
- Most of our helpers are amazed by the amount of daily food that is on offer!
ALL YEAR profile needed:
-GARDENING / FARMING
- HOUSEHOLD/GUESTHOUSE HELP - general chores and friendliness required!
- DIY/BUILDER - We need someone from mid April and then from this time onwards. If you are that way orientated, this project is a dream of reparation!
- We are always looking for good web designers for WP and for graphic designers.
- Electrician. Renovator
To keep the atmosphere sacred and conducive to spiritual growth we restrain from following:
- eating non-vegetarian food (meat, fish or eggs)
- taking intoxication such as tobacco, alcohol or drugs
- illicit sex (sex out of marriage)
From our volunteers is expected to take daily one temple program around 45 minutes (lectures or functions) as a part of community.
Special request for Ladies volunteers:
Because of presents of monks leaving on the property, to respect their vows of celibacy , ladies are requested to dress modesty
Because of many volunteers on our project from other organizations and our own volunteers we are offering the same deal as we have for years in our community with a working time and free days - 6 days work in a week and up to 6 hours a day. Volunteers can stay up to one month. For a longer arrangements, need to be discussed with management on a spot.
Our long term vision is to establish self-sufficient project that will also be an important place of pilgrimage in Europe and a tourist attraction in the Bavarian forest for the spiritually minded people.