All Year: June - mid September
Area (ha): 7
Host ID: 34102
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 17, 2019
We are inviting you to spend this summer (together with other 30 international volunteers) at our SUMMER CAMP for AWESOME KIDS, located in Transylvania, Romania.
WHY would a volunteer be interested in coming to Romania and join us?
- ROMANIA IS BEAUTIFUL and it's extremely WELCOMING! You will be located in the center of the country, Transylvania region, in a small village situated at 10 minutes away from Alba Iulia City (UNESCO Site).
- NO COSTS for meals and sleeping: we cover food & accommodation 100%.
- Hikes and TRIPS by BUS to other beautiful places like Turda Salt Mine, Corvinilor Castle, Apuseni Mountains, Ramet Monastery and many others (transportation and entrance tickets are covered).
- It's a FUN and EXCITING project; the volunteers will have all the necessary freedom and support they need to design and implement the camp’s activities ( the campers are between 7 and 15 years old). We are talking about a lot of fun doing things like: water fights, sports competitions, scavenger hunts, carnival nights, theater, music, karaoke and talent shows etc).
- LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS (you will meet many other young volunteers from all over the world, so it will be a great opportunity to make new friends and have a good time together, both at camp or during your free time!).
- The Camps are run by a FAMILY, so we are very easy going and we want as well to have fun while helping. After a first service here, most of our helpers are writing that they would like to come back, so it might not be the first and last time we see each other...:-)
- The LOCATION IS PERFECT, it has everything we need, a lot of facilities and it’s as well situated in a nice and charming country side landscape, surrounded by nature. In the summer heat is the best place to be!
- We saved the best reason for the end: the CHILDREN. They are amazing, very energetic, smart, lots of smiling faces, they get attached very easily and you will be their idol as soon as they see you! Trust us, it’s been tested already, just bring a good pen for autographs; in the last day of the camp you will be just signing t-shirts! :-)
Want to see how it looks and feels like:)
Financial and Logistic Details:
- Search Alba Iulia on a Romanian map, this is where we will meet!
The camp is located at 10 minutes away from the city, so we will pick you up by car when you arrive. There are three airports in the area, Targu Mures, Cluj and Sibiu, all around 1-2 hours away. There is a train station with some international connections, and a lot of buses going all over Europe! We will help you get this organized!
- WE COVER ALL COSTS: accommodation, meals, other trips which we will organize as part of the camp's schedule.
- Volunteers have one day off between camps (one camps has a duration of 5 nights), so during this time they can travel on their own and visit some nice places not far away (like Dracula's Castle in Bran, Brasov City, Sighisoara etc). These trips will not be covered by us.
- DURATION of the Volunteer Service:
- Each camp has a 5 nights /6 days duration
- The minimum service for each volunteer will be: 30 days
- Maximum – around 3 months (we start on June 10, 2019 – and we end the season on September 15, 2019).
About your job as a volunteer at the Camp:
- You will help us organize camp activities (sports, in-door and out-door games, name games, ice-breaking games, Karaoke, Arts & Crafts, Painting, Drama, Dancing, etc.) and you will participate in all the trips and hikes which will be organized!
- You are invited if you want to be and Activity Team Leader - which means that if you have a good idea about an activity that the kids might enjoy, you are free to implement it!
It can be an activity for a mini-group of 12-15 children or for the entire camp – around 75 children!
(here are some ideas that our volunteers had: Photo-journalism Course, Dancing, Theater, Art Projects, First Aid Course, Aikido Lessons and so on..:-)
- Cleaning and related duties (after the workshops, for example, arts & crafts, or painting or when we do cutouts and collages, etc.) it is in our responsibilities to leave the place clean after each activity (the kids will do the job but you need to get them organized!!).
- Also, we help serving the meals, once the plates are ready (we are a big group and it saves time)
- Spoken language: English (some kids speak German or Spanish, Italian so…that can help also!)
- Your age: between 18-35!
If you are interested to join us, drop an email!
We are looking forward hearing from you! :-)