Area (ha): 0.3
Host ID: 35260
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 6, 2018
We`re a couple in our early 30s. After several years in Darwin and 6 months travelling Europe and Asia on our honeymoon, we finally decided to settle down in Melbourne. In March we became the proud parents of the cutest little life-changing alarm clock. We started renovating our place in Melbourne last year but are taking a short hiatus to spend as much time as possible sleeping and getting to know our new little man.
About our place:
- We`re close to the train and 4 train stops from the city.
- Unlimited internet
- Your own room with a queen bed
- Flexible helping hours
- We have a newborn. He doesn`t cry that much at night, but you will wake up if he`s having a bad night.
- As Dee has to wake to breastfeed overnight, if she`s sleeping, be considerate of the noise level in the house.
- A couple or two friends happy to share a queen bed (we`re not accepting solo travellers at this time)
- Due to our minor sleep deprivation, we`re looking for people who are easy-going and self-motivated. We need you to want to help out without being asked and ask questions when you`re not sure as this will make our lives much easier at this time
- Not allergic to cats or bees
- If you speak another language as your first, we ask that you speak to our son in your first language (he doesn`t understand anything anyway, but its good for his brain development to be exposed to other languages)
- Bonus if you can cook creative, gluten-free meals (if you can`t we can help)
- approx 3 hours per day or 20 hours per week
- helping Dave with assorted jobs around the house and yard (sorting, cleaning, digging, dusting, cooking etc.)
- also cooking and cleaning up after the evening meal most nights
- hours and days are flexible, just ask
We also have family in:
(Uncle Roger has a family-run boutique vineyard of which he is an enthusiastic sampler, contact them for best way onto the island, he has his own boat;)
(Mum and Dad have a 40 acre hobby farm and usually have several injured/orphaned baby Australian animals they are nursing back to health)
#Christchurch, New Zealand
(My bro, Simon, can help you out if you want to swap some hard work around the house for everything you ever wanted to know about outdoor adventure in NZ, Tasmania and Victoria)