All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 35697
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 12, 2019
My hostel is a great place to experience local life, culture and history. All my rooms are themed and provide background information on typical Dutch places, things and people. I have a team of 10 locals which are all enthusiastic about where they are from. We are like a family and welcome you to join us.
Throughout the year I am looking for 2 people to help out. There are several things I need your help with. During your stay you will do all the jobs.
1) Being the nightwatch. You sleep next to the night entrance, if people lose their card to enter, or the fire alarm goes off, or guests make too much noise you are the person to come into action. Generally you sleep like a baby, but in case something happens you jump on your feet and go for it!
2) Help in the kitchen
In the morning you are helping me out in the kitchen during breakfast. You will prepare lovely local goods and you don't even need to be a kitchen-prince or princess for that :)
3) Help in cleaning
After breakfast you will help preparing the rooms. I have a couple of lovely cleaning ladies who can use your hand with making my 53 beds (not every day of course) and clean the rooms.
Depending on high or low season there here are always some small chores to do. Are you a handyman or do you love to paint? Let me know!
What you can expect:
* There is one room for the nightwatch with a private bathroom. The room is small but has all you need!
* If you're not on nightwatch shift, you will sleep together with the other volunteers in a place nextdoors.
* I provide a bike and a public transport card including the first E20
* You can explore the area, check out monumental Haarlem, the national park and the beach.
* I have a full equipped kitchen where you can cook and we provide a lunch during the days you're working.
* We are all open to do language exchange, we teach you Dutch or help improve your English and you help us learn whatever language you speak.
In total you are volunteering 25 hours a week. You and the other helper are working in shifts, so you will have your free days. Stay is for minimum one month.
I'm looking for happy and enthusiastic people (no weed smokers!) who will be a great fit to the team!
Are you 22+, interested in a new volunteer experience, excited to meet people from all over the world and ready to become a real local Dutchie? :)
Then send me some information about yourself, your experience and why you would like to work here.
If I don't respond, it doesn't mean that I'm not interested, but that I don't need volunteers at that moment.