All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 50
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 37054
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 31, 2018
Au Pair Required
August 2018 - 6 month position
We are looking for an independent, fun, efficient, individual to join our family for 6 months (minimum). We are a busy family of four (2 children - aged 6 and 8). We operate childcare centres in Queenstown and also have a farming operation. This position may suit someone who is looking for food and board (this would be the equivalent of 25 hours a week) which means you could also have another job, there may be relief work available at the childcare centres for the right candidate. The girls in the family are slightly horse mad. Having experience with horses is required. Any hours over the 25 base hours would be at an agreed rate. We have previously structured this arrangement with working in the morning and having the afternoons/evenings off. Fantastic food guaranteed.
The accommodation is provided in a warm sleep out adjacent to the main house, shared bathroom with the family, in main house. Position is not available to couples.
The successful candidate would:
· Energetic, responsible, mature, independent and courteous and essentially show initiative.
· Have experience in childcare
· Happy for a police vet
· Have experience with animals – particularly horses.
· Tidy and organised – we live in a small space
· A genuine love of kids, with knowledge around empathetic communication and positive behaviour management (our kids do not have behaviour issues – in fact are pretty easy, this is just an important factor for us).
· Full, clean drivers licence
· One year work visa
· Have own vehicle.
· Outstanding references.
Tasks would include:
· General household duties (daily laundry, wood box filling, house cleaning, baking, groceries).
· Animal husbandry – feeding chickens, goats, horses (covering and uncovering at a minimum).
· Babysitting (occasional)
· Mucking out paddocks
· Helping kids with ponies
· Preparation of meals
· Weekends are your own – to ride, ski, hike, adventure, socialise – or rest.
Position commences early August. If this sounds of interest please send your CV and cover letter.
We are a busy family of four (with a 8 year old and a 6 year old) living on a working sheep and beef farm near Lake Hayes and own and operate preschools in the area. We have horses, goats, sheep, chickens, and farm dogs.
Ideally we are looking for independent, happy people who can follow instructions and get stuck into work around the property and enjoy what the district has to offer.
Accommodation is provided in a small sleep out with bunks adjacent to the house. Shared bathroom with family. Meals will be with us - great food provided. Cell phone reception good and internet available. We are located ten minutes from Frankton and Arrowtown. Own vehicle required as there is no public transport available near property.
Jobs involve daily housekeeping chores, gardening and lawns, mucking out horse paddocks, general animal husbandry (grooming horses, feeding hens etc), stacking wood.
As we have a small home we generally invite helpers to stay for around 3-4 days.
There is lots to see and do in this amazing area - walks and plenty of tourist attractions (tourist heart of New Zealand).
Please contact us via email - we check this regularly