All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.1
Persons: 1 or couple
Host ID: 37858
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 16, 2017
Hello happy travellers,
We are a family of 4 (4 year old boy, 9 year old girl) living 20 mins out of Hobart, in a suburban area on the edge of the bush, near a river and 5 mins from Kingston Beach. There is a major bus route nearby.
We live these principles:
Wellness: Raising healthy & well-balanced children, healthy home-cooked food, non-smoking
Sustainability: Learning to grow organic vegetables using permaculture principles, composting toilets, building with recycled materials, saving energy.
Happiness: Balancing hard work and enjoyment, community involvement, time in nature, living simply and comfortably.
Given that we are a very children-oriented family, you'll need some interest or experience in interacting with young children. My 4 year old will want to discuss dinosaurs with you, and my 9 year old will want to play the piano for you.
We would like your help with:
If you're an OUTDOOR person --
- Gardening (vegetable and ornamental)
- Fence repair
- Path repair
- Carpenters welcome to help with renovating our studio
If you're an INDOOR person --
- Daily household tasks (dishes, washing, cleaning)
- Light childcare
In exchange for approx 5 hours work per day, we'll share meals, house you in our studio (detached from the house and very spacious), include you in our activities and share our wholesome family life with you.
We are experienced Woofing and Couchsurfing hosts, who are well travelled but only speak English.
Things you should know before you stay with us:
- We aren't able to show you the sights of Hobart, or drive you around etc. What we offer you instead is a genuinely rich experience of loving family life in a beautiful environment.
- Bike tourists are especially welcome!
- Minimum stay 7 nights; we want to get to know you, and you to know us! We intend for this to be as rich an experience as possible.
- You'll need to be a non-smoker, be enthusiastic about hard work, be responsible, and be excited about living sustainability.
Please apply with the words "farty frog" to indicate you've read our profile and really want to stay with us!