All Year: April-October
Area (ha): 10
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 38040
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 4, 2018
Gygratun (gygratun.no), a small farm just by the beautiful Hardangerfjord with:
Barn conversion (art studio and wood fired pizzaoven)
Islandic horse, sheep, goats, chickens, cat, dog, rabbits, bees
- Trolltunga - 40 min. by bus to parking
- Folgefonna National Park with a glacier
- Many high mountains with marked tracks such as
amazing Gygrastol, 1300 masl, (just beyond the farm)
- Bergen Airport - 2 hrs
- Busstop 6 min. walk
- Barony Rosendal from 1665 - 20 min. drive
- The shore - 8 min. walk
To do in your spare time:
- horseback riding (max 65 kg)
We - a married couple; Leif Kongestøl - leader for health/care and Hulda Bohlin - painter, art teacher.
(See Web2: rosendalkunstverkstad.no and her paintings: "Se Hulda sine bilder")
We need help with carpentry, gardening, harvesting, animalcare, keeping the farm tidy, house cleaning, doing the BandB flats.
You who are accepted as a volunteer at Gygratun must be able to:
- adjust to farm life
- receive and follow instructions
- keep it clean and tidy, both indoor and outdoor
- be observant and considerate of the needs of the animals and the plants, especially in the greenhouse.
- be observant and careful when doing the Airbnb flats.
We wish that everyone can spend more time on important projects and creative work.
That’s why animal care and daily chores must be done efficiently and tools and things must be easy to find in their right places.
Citizens of EU should bring their current European Health Insurance Card.
Citizens of other countries are responsible for their own arrangements.
Even if it may rain, the nature here is always fresh, wild and exiting - and with a wonderland atmosphere.
Welcome to Gygratun, either as a BandB guest or a volunteer! And welkome to follow us on fb: Gygratun.
We are full 2018 but welcome to aply for next year.
Best regards, Hulda and Leif