All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.5
Host ID: 40930
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 7, 2020
PLEASE READ MY PROFILE THOROUGHLY BEFORE SENDING ME A REQUEST!
I am an animal behaviorist & I rescue animals, rehab them & release (or re-home) them. Generally, all animals in my home are rescued & traumatized & I do hope the guest(s) be real genuine animal lover & has lots of patience as a simple mistake will traumatize the animals all over again... :-(
Tasks include daily normal chores at home & related to animals. Overall, it takes a maximum of 2-3 hours to get things sorted in the morning (has to be early & of course, I will be doing it together as well) & maybe an hour or so in the evening. There might be extra tasks involved at certain times, for example showering the animals, maintaining & cleaning the garden (indoor/outdoor), etc.
Also, there will be stray pups/dogs to look after which were located at different locations
In return, you will be taught on how to handle the animals & learn their behaviors via their body language, cultural exchange, cooking, and accommodation. As for meals, it will not be provided but I wouldn't mind treating you to a meal, or two, or three (:-)) if I m cooking. You are allowed to do the cooking at my home as long as it is kept clean (I am particular when it comes to cleanliness, hygiene & tidiness as it involves animals in the house & not wanting them to fall sick, nor human too)
Another thing is that I recycle & re-use a lot at my house. You will be surprised by how many things that are recycled in this house. Maybe we could teach each other a thing or two about recycling too... :-)
Also, I appreciate it if my guests will practice 'energy-saving' method.
I also run an Airbnb or homestay here & my profile in Airbnb is "Home Away from Home". All the money collected will be channeled to all the animals & also rescuing the strays.
FYI, I am having 20-100 dogs (at a certain time), more than 15 cats & 4 ducks!
NOTE: (this will be updated as & when necessary - PLEASE READ THIS PART TOO)
1. Due to cultural constraint, I CAN'T host a single female traveler. other than that, I am ok. :-)
2. Plz bring along your good culture, attitude & cooking skill (if any), but DO NOT bring along your habits! (if it is a good one, I don't mind... :-) )
3. My house is my home sweet home. It is not a chalet or restaurant or resort, so I ask everybody to respect that. I don't want to feel like I am a guest in my own home or any guest treats it like a chalet!
4. If you love flora, fauna & animals, then you are most welcome to send me a request. But if you are a nightlife person, then I would not be the best host to send a request to (not that I don't go out and chill out, but I don't do it every day!) :-)
5. I would appreciate if my guest is back by midnight as next to my house, are two hotels where people pay lots of money to stay in & since I have 20-100 dogs, I don't want my dogs to go crazy barking when my guest back late & interrupt/annoy the hotel guests! Plz, be considerate....!! :-)
6. My place practices "greet the day" concept as it is a great philosophy & concept... :-)
7. My place has lots & lots of love - either from the host or the animals... be prepared! :-)
8. Plz don't send me a request if you planned to be here only a night or two.. as it feels like my place is a 'pit-stop' & what can you really do in Langkawi within 24 hours?! Also, I prefer to have at least a minimum 7 days stay
9. Plz, be what you said in your profile! It's annoying as recently I have guests that are not as what they claimed to be in the profile! Plz be honest & genuine & no fake profile! I will not hesitate to 'get rid of you'' of my home!
10. I don't get angry nor annoyed easily (unless the guests mistreat my animals or any other animals). And also being an asshole or a jerk!
11. Please be considerate too in terms of the energy-saving part! A lot of guests don't bother about it as THEY DON'T NEED TO PAY THE BILL! And furthermore, just a simple common sense.
12. I needed hard-working, trustworthy, responsible, committed helpers, instead of freeloaders! I have very high expectations from my volunteers! And most of all, willingness to learn & to have an open mind as once you are here, you will be entering the 'animals zone/world'
13. Due to my work involves stray/wild animals, sometimes the timing is so unpredictable. So, my advice for my future volunteers is that I would suggest you go and stay in the cheap guesthouse for a few nights and explore the island while you are in the guesthouse. After that, you are most welcome. This is because I feel guilty if you don't have the chance to explore (which I wanted you to do it since you are already on this island & its part of your traveling) when you are here.
Also, my home is LGBTQ+ friendly.