All Year: Yes
Host ID: 41303
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 22, 2018
*We are looking for help NOW! We are expecting baby #3 within the next few months and could really do with some help around the house*
Hello, and welcome to Victoria!
Who we are:
2 adults (Harley and Trish)
2 children (6 years and 3 years)
1 medium sized friendly dog
4 backyard chickens
1 backyard beehive
40-ish Murray Cod (fish)
Who you should be:
- Friendly with kids and dogs
- Easy going
- Don't mind noise
- Have the initiative to work on your own from a varying list of tasks
- No special dietary requirements
- Decent level of English
- Not allergic to bees / chickens / dogs
We are looking for helpers who can get in and be a big help. There are a number of tasks we will require you to help with, depending on your level of skill. We are also looking for general helpers, so please still apply if you donít have specific skills.
Specific skills, if you have any of these skills we would absolutely LOVE to host you!
- Bathroom tiling/waterproofing
- Web design skills
- Previous childcare / au pair experience
- Setting up gardens, knowledge of permaculture, organic growing, sustainability is a big plus!
These are the more general skills which we require help all the time:
- General housekeeping, including vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, walls, doors, bathrooms etc
- Organising / decluttering
We ask for 4 hours of work per day, 6 days per week in return for staying with us, you are welcome to negotiate with us to do more hours one day and less another as long as it evens out to 4 per day.
What you get:
- We will feed you 3 meals a day (dinner all together, breakfast and lunch you help yourself from our supplies - reasonable amounts)
- You will have own room with a queen sized bed (check out our reviews, it's a comfy bed), plus all linen and towels included
- WiFi (reasonable usage)
- Laundry facilities
- The bathroom is shared with the household
- You are welcome to borrow one of our bicycles to go explore the local area
Where we are:
We live in Werribee which is located in the city of Wyndham, Victoria.
We are a short walk (5 mins) to Pacific Werribee, a large shopping centre for everything you could need.
We live about 1hr from Melbourne Central Station (15 minutes by bus then 45 minutes by train).
In the city of Wyndham there is plenty to do and see including the Werribee Zoo, the Werribee Park Mansion and the RAAF Museum.
You can hire a car and travel the Great Ocean Road, or take a day or weekend trip to the snow.
We are happy to negotiate for you to leave your belongings here short term if you want to do some overnight or a couple of days exploring.
We are looking for someone to stay for a minimum of 1 week, and are more than happy to accommodate a longer timeframe.
More info about us:
Trish is from Canberra (the capital of Australia) and Harley is from Perth. We have lived a number of places in Australia including most recently Darwin (Northern Territory) and Wagga Wagga (New South Wales). Harley is enjoying learning German at the moment. Trish has lived overseas a few times in Rome - Italy, Locarno - Switzerland, Pennsylvania - USA and Doncaster - England. Harley has lived in Tianjin - China. Trish used to be fluent in Italian.
This house is LGBTIQA+ friendly and we welcome all ages, ethnicities, religions etc
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our home :)