All Year: Yes
Host ID: 42719
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 25, 2020
We are a small legally registered local nonprofit organization run by volunteers who have been working continuously since 2009, we need volunteers for our project with children, community and women, these children come from Quechua immigrant families from areas that have been declared in extreme poverty by international development organizations. (see: "map of extreme poverty in Peru")..
* project with children:
Our mission is to help these children through an alternative school, with actions and activities that help improve their education and the self-esteem of children who have deteriorated because many of them come from Quechua migrant families with abandonment problems, domestic violence and exclusion because of the difficult situation (economic - social) and the cultural marginalization of their families.
* Empowerment of women:
We organize Andean women in: human rights, group organization, nutrition, preventive health, gender, emotional support, psychology, business, crafts, healthy eating and ecology, yoga and Andean reiki and others.
* community work, home improvement, ecological kitchens, educational workshops, organic gardens, water purification, Andean crops, animal husbandry, conscious murals (culture, ecology ...)
A peculiarity of ours is that we develop and work our own projects directly in populations and people who urgently need help. We do not work with intermediaries of any kind, and we believe that it is more necessary to do a more direct job, socially intervening in the places where it is most necessary, creating and living a way of work and socio-cultural coexistence, very rewarding, Positive and fun experience
The project is directed by people with specialization and extensive experience in Social areas and the Andean-Inka culture, we are moved by a great passion for the social, economic improvement and preservation of the native culture, we are not improvised in This, we are not related to accommodation or tourism businesses, and you can see that your effort and contribution is invested in real help and social support
- Duration: minimum 4 weeks.
- Location: Huancayo, Central Andes of Peru
- Classes and activities:
Teaching English, Quechua, dance, outdoor painting, acting and theater, homework help, drawing and painting, outdoor sports, educational games, yoga, tutoring, crafts, pastry, good cleaning and health education, social skills teaching, etc. We are open to new ideas!
- Flexible schedule; From Monday to Friday from 5 to 6 hours per day. mornings and afternoons
- Minimum age: 20 years.
- is important to have ability and patience to deal with and work with girls (ages 5 to 9) and women.
- It would be ideal to have notions or interest in matter and philosophy related to yoga, meditation, and holistic health-Fitness.
- It is not necessary to have experience
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Have an open, adaptable and positive mindset.
- person with the ability to fully integrate into a very united intercultural group.
** What includes:
- Help and personalized support.
- Fully experimental activities and courses in:
* Spanish and Quechua, the language of the Incas.
* Exchange of food, cakes and cocktails (Peruvian and native style)
* Excursions and expeditions at no cost to guide many scenic, cultural and adventure attractions in the Andes and the central jungle of Peru, mountain walks, camps, visits to traditional artisan villages, visits to high lakes, landscape reserves, waterfalls in the jungle , pre-Inca ruins, inter-Andean train travel and more.
* Experiences of energy / mysticism / natural health of the Inca and Amazonian culture. Reiki-yoga and Inca meditation
- Information about the Andean and Inca culture.
- Information on tourist destinations in Peru (trips can be organized)
- Detailed information on the historical, cultural and social processes of ancient and modern Peru.
- Tour of the city and interesting places.
- Learn or improve your Spanish.
- Certificate of voluntary work issued by a legal organization.
-Latin and native dances (exchange)
The volunteers and coordinators live in a rustic house or small apartment near the projects, there are not many luxuries, but it has basic services such as kitchen, oven, electricity, gas bottle, drinking water, wooden beds and cotton blankets. It is a place of coordination, rest and exchange, we will be happy to share and learn from each other about culture, history, fun games, watching a movie, celebrating parties / birthdays.
The rooms are shared with other volunteers
There is the possibility of obtaining paid and stipend roles for charges such as coordination, fundraising and others..