All Year: Yes
Host ID: 42719
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 15, 2019
We are a small local non-profit organization legally registered and that has been working continuously since 2009, we need volunteers for our volunteer project with children, community and women, these children come from Quechua immigrant families from areas that have been declared in extreme poverty and the need for international development organizations (see: "map of extreme poverty in Peru")
We work directly with communities in the central Andes of Peru in situations of extreme poverty, where there is little or no presence of the Peruvian state or voluntary organizations.
* project with children:
Our mission is to help these children through an alternative school, with actions and activities that help improve their education, helping to improve the self-esteem of children who have deteriorated because many of the children come from families of migrant Quechuas with problems . they suffer from neglect and domestic violence, caused by the difficult situation (economic - social) and the cultural marginalization of their families.
* Empowerment of women:
We organize Andean women in: human rights, group organization, nutrition, preventive health, gender, emotional support, psychology, business, crafts, healthy food and ecology, yoga and Andean reiki and others
* community work, home improvement, ecological kitchens, orchards, educational workshops, plants
A peculiarity of ours in that we develop and work our own projects directly in the populations where we develop our social work. We do not work with intermediaries of any kind, and we believe that it is more necessary to do a more direct job, intervening socially in the places where it is most necessary.
Come and participate as a volunteer in this project built with our own hands and with the ambition to carry out a transparent, genuine and direct social work with the communities.
- Duration: Min 4 weeks (adaptable)
- Location: Huancayo, Central Andes of Peru
- Classes and activities:
Teaching English, Quechua, dance, acting and theater classes, homework help, drawing and painting, outdoor sports, educational games, yoga, tutoring, crafts, cakes, good cleaning and health teaching, social skills teaching , etc. We are open to new ideas!
- Flexible schedule; From Monday to Friday from 5 to 7 hours per day. mornings and afternoons
- be at least 18 years old
- ability and patience to deal with and work with young girls and women.
- It is not necessary to have teaching experience or volunteer
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Have an adaptable, open and positive mindset.
- Being a person with the ability to integrate into a very united intercultural group.
* WHAT INCLUDES:
- bed and breakfast.
- Help and personalized support.
- Fully experimental activities and courses:
* Spanish and Quechua language, the language of the Incas.
* Exchange food, cakes, sweets and cocktails (Peruvian and native style)
* Group excursions with no guide cost to many attractions in the Andes and the central jungle of Peru, hiking, expeditions, camps, visits to traditional artisanal villages, visits to boat lakes, waterfalls in the jungle and pre-Inca ruins in the mountains and the valley
* Traditional and mystical experiences of the Andean and Inca culture, reiki and yoga.
- Information about Andean culture,
-Information about tourist destinations in Peru.
- Tour of the city and interesting places.
- Teach English in another country.
- Official voluntary work certificate issued by a non-profit legal organization (upon request)
* ACCOMMODATION VOLUNTEERS
The volunteers stay in the home of the organization, it is a comfortable and cozy environment close to our projects, it has basic services such as Wi-Fi internet, living room, kitchen, a beautiful garden and a large terrace with views of the mountains and the city, it is a place of rest and exchange, we will be happy to share and learn from each other about culture, history, games, watch a movie or participate in a holiday, birthday or celebration,
The rooms are spacious and have good lighting, are shared (it is possible to obtain a single room)
The organization requests a small economic contribution, because our project is self-sufficient, this helps us with the expenses of goods and services as well as the material costs of the projects, we ourselves develop our project with our own resources
We will be happy to make a discount or total exemption of the amount of the contribution, mainly to those who wish to participate for a longer time and seek a greater participation in our organization, there is also the possibility of obtaining a remunerated role