All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 42963
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: October 26, 2019
Help out at a friendly hostel in Hualien, Taiwan
We are looking for an independent backpacker with travel experience and a passion for hostels and the lifestyle that comes with it. It’s a lot of fun, but also much a hand on role involving cleaning and showing visitors what Hualien has to offer. You will be assisting and living with a small team. Individuals with passion and interest in outdoor activities like cycling and hiking will be given priority.
[What you offer]
* 5 hours of help per day
* Cleaning: Help clean the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and common areas.
* Housekeeping: Help with changing the bed linens and general housekeeping.
* Administration: Help with booking systems and payments.
* Reception: Help with check-ins, check-outs and guest assistance.
[What you get]
* 1 day off per week
* Shared Dorm: You will have a bed in a shared room, which means you will share the same room with other travelers.
* Bikes at your disposal: You can use our bikes any time you want.
* Yoga classes: Take free yoga classes at our place.
* Use our equipped kitchen: Feel free to use our kitchen and make your own delicious food.
Intermediate English or Intermediate Chinese
Between 18 and 60 years old
[What's not included]
Flights, Travel Insurance, Internal Transportation and Visa
Our place is owned by the local Taiwanese, who are passionate about Hualien and will welcome you with an open heart, leaving you feeling right at home. We have traveled to several countries with many backpacking experiences and are committed to meet all your expectations, and even exceed the backpacker standard.
With an open minded view and an eagerness to learn about different cultures, you will experience the beauty of this world! Hostels promote cultural exchanges. Travelers from different countries and regions of this world carry a vast variety of cultural experiences. These cultural exchanges among travelers help individuals gain a broader perspective and knowledge of the world which can be extremely important as well as enjoyable, in life.
[Activities & Shift]
The work in our hostel is mainly to help us clean (this is the most important part, please make sure you can clean before send confirmation), language exchange with our local staff, share the beauty of Hualien with guests and help them to make plans here.
The working hours will be 5 hours a day (2 shifts – morning and afternoon shifts) and at least one day off each week so that you can explore the area. We don't provide meals, but you can cook in our kitchen if you want to save some budget.