All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 5
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 43010
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 7, 2020
Hi, we would absolutely love some help from now on.
I am keen to have Helpx that love working outdoors. We prefer a couple or 2 friends.
We have a lovely Lifestyle property in Whitford, in South Auckland, with equestrian horse facilities & large vegetable gardens.
We are a 30 minute drive to Central Auckland.
The accommodation is in a double room in the house or a lovely double room in a converted stable in the garden.
Help is needed mainly outdoors on the property, helping with feeding horses and on the large vegetable gardens.
My husband, Laurence and I live here. We are young at heart in our early 60s.
- General outside gardening, especially in the vegetable garden.
- Delivering produce to the city in the car.
- Sometimes helping to look after our gorgeous grandchildren who visit us, Sadie and Miro who are 1 year old and Isla who is 3 years old.
- Animals, Feeding cats & chickens.
- Horses - helping feed & muck out etc. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS NOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO RIDE THE HORSES.
- Helping with cooking meals and generally helping with everything that needs to be done.
It is preferable to have a car. Bus transport is from the local village every hour. We are happy to take you to the nearest town centres, which are a 10 minute drive away, you can then take the train directly to the centre of Auckland.
A car is available to drive for Helpx over 25 years old. Helpx to pay for fuel and road mileage charges.
There are nice beaches, country walks & cycling in area.
If you are at the beginning or end of your trip, we are close to the airport and we are happy to pick up or drop off.
We look forward to hearing from you.