All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 7
Host ID: 43613
Region: Northern Territory
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 23, 2018
We are looking for enthusiastic helpers on our beautiful farm and animal sanctuary in NT, 45 min from Darwin and 8 km to Litchfield Nationalpark.
We have many exciting volunteer jobs to offer!!! You have 3 options:
1. animal + farm care/sitting OR
2. car/trailer/caravan driving OR
3. a combination of both.
Experience in one of the following skills: animal husbandry, driving a car, caravan, trailer or 4x4, weeding, mowing, fencing, painting, gardening would be beneficial. Minimum stay is usually one week and stay can be arranged for longer periods after the one week.
WE CAN OFFER THE RIGHT PERSON A LONG TERM POSITION WITHIN OUR CHARITY TO CARE FOR ANIMALS AND BE PART OF OUR EDUCATION PROGRAM.
You will have your own room within one of our buildings. There is a shower with cold water - but you are welcome to help us setting up a small solar system - which could be your first job :-)
We require 5-6 hours per day help and Sundays would be free for you to explore our area or just to do what you would like.
We offer a food voucher after a week of your stay or we do shopping together - up to you. We are strict Vegetarians and have a very (too) healthy and raw diet. Our visitors usually prefer to use our kitchen and cook their own meals. If you can keep the place tidy - this would be the best option for you :-)
We will do EXCURSIONS with you so that you can see the surrounding area, rainforest, towns and beaches. You need to have a driving licence and driving experiences (left side) in Australia, Uk or other country where you drive on the left side.
If you can drive a trailer or caravan you would be able to see even more of the country and travel with us through Australia. Please send us references about your driving experience if you would like to PARTICIPATE IN EXPLORING AUSTRALIA.
Looking forward to hearing back from you if you are interested to participate in our sanctuary work, honest, hard working and love animals.
Wonderful opportunity to gain some experience in animal husbandry/grooming/training.
* Non Smokers only
* Only apply IF you are genuine animal lovers.
* For the SAFETY of our beloved animals we have strict guidelines in place when we have helpers. If you are not willing to RESPECT and FOLLOW these guidelines, please do not apply!
* Our time is precious too, if you make a date to come, please honour this....while we understand that circumstances can change, we also do not like to be let down and sadly we have had people just not turn up, please be considerate.
* If this add is up, it means we are looking for Help NOW, we are not able to plan months and months in advance.
When applying, please include the following information:
1. Details about yourself and your experience
2. The length of time you would like to stay
3. A photo
4. Contact for any previous work or voluntary supervisors or hosts whose homes you have stayed in - either in Australia or overseas is fine.
5. Details about your driving experience and a copy of your driving license, passport and visa.
Please note, you can stay with us even if you just have a tourist visa since you are not earning any money. In exchange for you help you will be eligible for free accommodation + a food reimbursement.
Thank you for wanting to help improve the lives of our animals!