All Year: Yes
Host ID: 46075
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 21, 2018
We are not able to host people at the moment, there aren't any rooms available for helpex in our house. I'll update when it will again be possible.
All the best for all your helpex experiences!
Hi there folks! Since you bumped into our profile, here is a description of what we are looking/wishing for :)
We bought our house on January 2014 and moved in two years later. There is always work to do in the garden, where we are growing vegetables following the permaculture principles, and, in case the weather kicks us in, in the basement. We just built a shed in the garden that needs painting, so we are looking for someone who'd be happy to do that : it's at least a three days job. There is also our inside wooden staircase that needs polishing and oiling, which would be another three to four days job.
What brought us here and which kind of people are we looking for? We love to host some travelers from all over the world to help us out. We traveled ourselves during a year (2010-2011) in New Zealand doing woofing and helpex, it was an amazing experience and we've been happily returning the favor since we moved in our house :)
What are we expecting? We are expecting a 25hrs work per week (most probably 5 days a week with days off during the weekend. This is of course negotiable). We offer vegetarian food and a double-bed room for your accommodation. Also, we try to eat as many food from the garden as possible ;)
IMPORTANT NOTE : Ludwig is a professional coach and receives clients at home. We thus expect some discretion during these times and we'd rather discuss this with you beforehand.
Here are some of the YES criterias:
- you are happy workers, with preferably experience in organic/permaculture gardening or in home improvement works
- you are travelling around the World or Europe
- you prefer to stay for 1 week (or less) as we don't have that much work to do.
- you enjoy tasting belgian beers, wine, playing poker (for Ludwig to improve his skills ;) and laughing a lot
- you speak either english, spanish, or french since we aren't skilled enough to follow a conversation in any other language
Here are some of the NO criterias:
- no freeloaders
- non-smoking house
- no cat-allergic persons (we have two, though adorable, they usually sleep on the couches and lose a lot of hair)
A few agreements that in our opinion, will help us have an enjoyable stay and a fulfilling experience together :
- we value open and direct communication : if there is anything that you feel uncomfortable with, talk about it directly, using direct statement rather than implicit ones. We commit to doing the same.
- still communication-wise, we do our best not to take things personally, and we invite you to do the same. If you feel offended by something, assume best intentions and again, raise the issue.
- we are very open-minded and tolerant people, and we expect the same in return. We might not agree on everything, but we believe being curious about it is far more fulfilling and enriching than being judgmental.
- since we'll be sharing the house together, we enjoy keeping it clean and tidy, especially the kitchen and the bathrooms. So we expect our guests to take responsibility for keeping the bathroom clean and cleaning and putting away the dishes they use in the kitchen.
If you came this far and still feel a "fuck yes!" roaring inside you, then we might be a good match ;) Feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to answer asap.
Looking forward to meeting you!
Ludwig and Julie