All Year: Yes
Host ID: 46419
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 3, 2018
Hi! We are based in Heidelberg Heights 12km from Melbourne's CBD. Our community has 20 households with approx. 35 people ranging in age from babies to folks in their 60s. We're also a housing cooperative and a member of a social housing program. We're new to Help X. We've hosted several guests under a Help Exchange agreement over the last year or so and we've had many rewarding experiences. We are an open, friendly, environmentally-conscious community who enjoys meeting new people, and we value the help and new energy that travellers bring to our community.
- 2 hrs work per day in exchange for accommodation (which includes access to shared bathroom, toilet, kitchen, laundry, and lounge).
- No food provided.
- Work includes cleaning, gardening, cooking, working with community members, etc.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- We're interested in hosting guests who would like to experience staying in an intentional community.
- We'd like guests to stay for a minimum of two weeks (this reduces the workload on hosting and inducting guests).
- We'd like at least two weeks' notice of intention to stay.
- We require that guests have their own travel insurance (including medical and evacuation cover).
If you're interested, please send us a message and tell us:
- a bit about yourself (where you're from, why you're traveling, how long you're in Australia, etc.)
- if you have any relevant skills?
- your intended visit dates
- any references (from other HelpX stays or other)
- links to your Facebook profile
If we have vacancies we will contact you to arrange a Skype chat or phone call to talk more.
May-June: No guests (taking a break)
July onwards: Availability
We look forward to hearing from you!
Chris & Mikoto.