All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 8
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 47888
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 10, 2018
--- this spring: help needed with replacing our roof! (and 100000 other projects (but especially our roof)) -------
We are Iris (23), David (27) and Felix (0) and we own a really nice, small farm with around 8 hectares of fields and forest in Bal?a, Romania. Here we live with our 3 dogs, cat, chicken and duck.
We've been looking for a piece of peace for a long time already and now we decided we found it.
In the hills of Transilvania where it sometimes feels like time has stood still. In a good way!
So many mysterious and interesting natural places around us we have yet to discover. What we've seen so far makes us confident we will have a never ending adventure here.
We don't like to give a name to what exactly we are doing but we could try to make it a bit more clear. Our plan is to start a small community kind of place. Not a community where everybody lives together and shares everything, but more a village with people that like eachother and have more or less the same ideas about life. About why we live and what's important to teach our children. Within this village we can share, help and learn from eachother. There are more houses empty in our valley which are also for sale. There's already a couple that bought a house and some people who are planning to.
Anyway. We have a really nice spot over here and we welcome everyone to visit and help create an even more beautifull piece of earth.
Things we would really like some help with are:
- REPLACING THE FUCKING ROOF MAN ITS RAINING INSIDE! kidding. it just could use some isolation and some straightening up.
- Gathering Fire Woodz
- Gardening! lots of that.
- Plastering with clay
- Put in new flooring
- Building a terrace with outside kitchen
- Building a bathroom
- Building a workshop
- Building a new chicken house (ah uh maybe a doghouse too.)
- Digging and constructing a cellar
- Cooking (we love you if you can cook or like to do dishes)
There will also be alot of fun and games and music and dances and funstuff to be done do.
Davids father, Mike, bought the house and terrain next to us. If you don't like some project we are doing, it could also be possible to help him with his big projects (a treehouse for example).
- We prefer a minimum stay of two weeks or longer. In our experience we noticed it takes around a week to get used to each other, after that it gets more relaxed and things start to run smoothly. If this is not possible for you, just let us know. This spring we would like to try something we've never did before: work with a daily schedule. We hope this will work for us, since we were used to just give everyone the freedom to do whatever, whenever. We now want to get some real work done and hope this will help us!
We are not to strict with most stuff as long as we're moving forward and getting things done everything is hunky dory.
We're looking for motivated people who want to learn and experience as well as teach and share.
- We've got a heatable room for at least 4 big people or 70 really really small ones. We've also got lots of tents and other nice places to sleep. (so yes. these are unheated)
- Our farm is situated on a 15 minute walk (2 km) uphill, away from the village. This is quite a bumpy and dirty road so for normal cars or a van it could be a problem to get up to our house. However, we have a 4x4 and could pick people & baggage up when needed.
Please don't hesitate to write us regarding any questions you might have.
David, Iris and Felix
tags: self sustainablity, self sustainable, permaculture, self sufficient, organic, homesteading, home schooling, rural, nature, DIY, family, community village, camping, survival, wild, climbing, walking, falling in really deep holes, dry toilet, solar boiler, natural building, clay, straw, woodworking, carpentry.