All Year: Yes
Host ID: 54096
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 6, 2020
Hello, dear traveler. Thank you for viewing our page!
There are 2 projects in our hostel that you can apply for:
1. Music Project
Please send the video link of you performing music (acoustic music preferably) to us first and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Instruments and equipment available: decent stereo/an electronic piano/an acoustic guitar/2 ukulele
-If you are not sure about if you can carry out 1-hour-performance or not, please don't apply for it.
-Please note that you will need to make beds and clean the common areas, as well. Every week, you will be doing 1 day of performance, 4 days of housekeeping work, and 2 days off.
-Please keep in mind that we will arrange your shift first, and if you have any specific travelling plans, please tell us beforehand!
- Minimum stay is two weeks (Short term availability is also possible, please message us!)
- You will have to work 4 hours a day, every 5 days you get 2 days off. (Please note that it might NOT be working 5 days in a row, and 2 days off in a row)
- Don't expect days off in weekends! It can happen, but don't count on it!
- We will arrange your shift first, and if you have any specific travelling plans,
please tell us beforehand because it's hard to adjust everyone's shift.
Duties and responsibilities -
Please ONLY apply if you think you can commit to all of the following:
- 4 hours a day, from 11:00 to 15:00.
- Works include making 4 single beds/per hour, vacuuming/mopping the floor, and cleaning flip-flops
- It will be more busy on weekends so please note that we might assign up to 16 beds for you, but it's not common though. It only happens occasionally:)
****Please also note that we have a probationary period of 1 week. If we don't think the beds you make are up to our standard, we will have to terminate the hosting by the end of the week. (it rarely happens though, only twice for the past 2 years:))
Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any concerns. :)
What we offer for every volunteer:
-Free breakfast: toast, butter and jam from 7:00-11:00
-Milk tea, lemon tea and freshly ground coffee are served 24 hours
-3 public computers are available 24 hours
What we have nearby:
-police station just right around the corner to keep you safe
-two gyms for you to work out
-park for you to picnic with other volunteers and play with squirrels
-biggest hospital in Taipei so you don't need to worry being sick
-numerous places for you to buy lunch/dinner
Please feel free to contact us on Facebook if you have any concerns. :)