All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0
Host ID: 54171
Region: Western Australia
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 31, 2018
UPDATE JUNE 2018 -- WE ARE NOW LIVING IN TOWN BUT ARE STILL OPEN TO HOSTING AT BOTH LOCATIONS!
We love welcoming backpackers, helpx travellers, itinerant farm workers, and rural workers getting their 2nd year visa. We cannot sign off 2nd year visa, but we can support you while you find paid work with our neighbours or network.
We have two accommodation options --
1) Spare bedroom with QS bed and own ensuite at our little house in town, or
2) "The Cowaravan" caravan with a double bed and a kitchen, at the farm.
We ask for 14 hours help/week in exchange for the accommodation.
In exchange for the townhouse room, we would appreciate support with cleaning and babysitting.
In exchange for the caravan on the farm, we'd love help with general garden maintenance. Work at the farm could include weeding, landscaping, tidying up, fence building and general construction.
If you are a handyman with initiative, home renovator or carpenter, we’d love to hear from you. We are always needing help with general home and farm maintenance jobs. There is an opportunity to earn extra $ depending on your skills, aptitude and suitability.
Both our townhouse and our farm are well positioned in the middle of the Margaret River surf and wine region.
We enjoy hosting travellers who are respectful, and have a sense of humour as well as a can-do attitude.
We are committed to working with you to find jobs that suit you, so that you can enjoy your time with us. Jobs include:
* au pair (minding our child, light cleaning duties such as laundry and kitchen)
* gardening (weeding, mowing, trimming, pruning)
* cleaning (AirBnB rooms, general house cleaning, cobweb cleaning outside)
* construction (fences, general handyman duties) -- this may expand to paid work and therefore 2nd-year-visa sign-off
* bring-your-own skills — tell us what you’re good at, and we’ll see if we can find a way to use your skills!
Anita and Gavin