All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 54379
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 7, 2020
This farm is the start of a long held dream of mine, a longing for the earth, a calling to go back to our roots, an affirmation towards earth care and repair. It isn't much right now but I invite you to join in as we together build it up.
It aspires to be:
- a Permaculture Farm serving as my home and an eco-community
- a homestay with unique natural structures that use the sun, wind, water and science to function better
- a homestead that believes in growing your own food organically, milking your own cows, picking fresh eggs, making your own breads, jams, jellies, sauces, pickles, pizzas...
- an educational hub to learn how to build your own houses through different technologies such as Earthbags, Cob, Earthship, Stone formwork, Rammed earth, Logs... natural, efficient and sustainable
- a learning centre for canning, preserving, baking, organic farming at all scales, yoga, martial arts, heck I don't know what all's gonna come up as we go along
- a gorgeous place to just unwind amidst nature, gurgling streams, food forest, stunning exotic birds and lovely hiking trails.
But above all, we yearn to be the inspiration for the neighboring villages, their training and demo centre so the ecologically destructive practices and impractical cement houses can be stopped.
We are currently working on several projects at the Farm and infact there is always a lot happening - lime plastering, tadelakt, a kitchen extension, living roofs, cordwood flooring, adobe house and more.
We are looking for friends to join us long term with some experience in natural building, woodworking, stone wall making, photography, videography, social media handling, website design, wall art painting, Permaculture, food forests etc. And especially for mosaic tile artwork.
Help is also needed with our adorable dogs and chickens care or cooking/cleaning.
In the monsoons, outdoor work gets limited and random between June - September.
We'd love to have you join the gang as we change the world, one house at a time :)
I've included some pictures of the accommodation that we provide. We have a large comfortable loft with dorm style sleeping. You could also pitch your own tent. Local Indian vegetarian home-cooked food will be there including Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea, Dinner. We spend quite a bit on the food and ask everyone to contribute towards it. The minimum suggested contribution is $5/day.
Other activities during free time:
- Movies on projector
- Bonfire and grilling
- Local hiking trails
- Boating and sailing at Nainital lake
- Shopping at local markets of Nainital