All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 4.4 acres
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 54588
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 10, 2019
Ours is a not-for-profit 4.4-Acre farm situated in the scenery town of Dulan on the east coast of Taiwan. We grows various vegetables, beans and peanut using natural farming. If you are looking for a different farming experience, this will be it! We are willing to share our know-how to whoever is interested.
Vegetable and bean are not all our plan. We intend to develop our farm into a small food forest where school kids and adults could learn the amazing nature and become to cherish the earth we live.
Adding to the development of the food forest, we are also endeavored to develop Dulan village into an eco-, senior-friendly community.
Area and activities available
Dulan is a beautiful small town with strong aboriginal culture (80% of the residents are aborigines). It's quiet in the weekdays and vigorous in the weekends and holidays. Dulan is a favorite for many foreign and local tourists. You can find temp workers and artists gathering here from more than 15 countries. The town is 20 minutesí drive from the city of Taitung, and 30-40 minutes from the train station and the airport.
You'll have lots of time for relaxing and sightseeing via (rental) bicycles, (rental) motorcycles, and bus. Many scenery places are within working distance. Dulan area is a good place for surfing if you know how. From time to time, hosts will drive you to the city or scenery areas.
Types of work required from volunteers
If you are interested in natural farming, food forest, and community building, you can choose from the followings to help us.
- Gardening help
- Feeding animals, i.e., goats and chickens
- Disseminating the good of environment-friendly farming
- Building sense of community through farming and learning activities
- General maintenance
You'll work 5 hrs. a day, 4.5 hours of work plus 30 minutes to close up the daily work, 6 days a week. Minimum stay is one month.
Types of food and accommodation provided for volunteers
We provide accommodation and lunch (eat together or in lunch boxes). Basic appliances provided, including hot bath and Wi-Fi access. There is a kitchen, three dorm rooms and two bathrooms. Volunteers are likely to enjoy a private room however there might be critical times for two volunteers to share one room.
- Please bring personal toiletries, sleeping bag, over sleeves, hat, and long-sleeve T-shirt/pants
- Please bring personal medicine if needed, including mosquito repellent and sun block lotion.
- In order to maintain a clean, quiet place for everyone after and during farming activities, please, no tobacco and alcohol in the dorm rooms and farm. No drug always.
- Please check to ensure that your insurance policies cover medical costs.