All Year: April to October
Area (ha): 1
Persons: 1 or 1 couple
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 57473
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 13, 2019
We are Jörg (46, vegetarian) and Ralf (44, meat eater), a gay couple. We are the founders of a CSA that focuses on organic farming, providing our members with many delicious vegan, naturally preserved products (jams, chutneys, sauces, juices etc).
We are also interested in traditional preserving and fermenting in form of Sauerkraut, Kimchi, vinegar... etc (new fermenting techniques are always welcome!). Regional recipes from all over the world are appreciated.
We are located right between Vienna and Budapest. The next largest town is Györ (about 20 minutes drive). The village we live in is right next to the river Raab. It is both friendly and laid-back.
Summers are usually hot (up to 40°C) and dry with impressive crystal clear skies at night.
We are looking for friendly, communicative and independent people who are/have:
- willing to help with the daily routine and do not shy away from necessary chores. If you love cooking you are more than welcome to take over kitchen duties (prepping, cooking, cleaning) during your stay. And same with running the household (living room, bathroom, kitchen).
- willing to learn how to work the fields and to tend the gardens especially seeding, planting, watering, weeding, harvesting and processing the harvest. Farming experience is a plus!
- additional skills like building, painting, construction, wood working etc. Always appreciated!
- willing to stay at the farm on their own for two days or more and don´t mind taking care of our animals and watering the fields.
What we offer:
- a quiet, stress-free, respectful friendly environment.
- accommodation in form of a large guestroom or a large (family size) tent (you don´t need to bring camping gear!) with wifi, a shared bathroom (accessible through the outdoor arcade) and shared living room.
- vegetarian food with home grown seasonal vegetables. Vegan food is also possible (limited from March until June), also all of our preserved products are vegan and always available.
- a look behind the scenes of small organic farming and self-supported living. You can learn a lot about seed production, cultivation, harvest, storing and processing of fruits and vegetables.
- everything there is to know about fermentation (kimchi, sauerkraut etc.) and preserving with simple techniques.
We would prefer that you stay at least for 2 weeks.
Must be a huge animal lover! We have four friendly dogs, seven cats, eight quails, 18 parakeets (budgies) and 8 Indian runner ducks.
We are native German speakers, who are fluent in English and able to speak some Hungarian.
We are looking forward to meeting you!