All Year: No
Area (ha): 6
Host ID: 58184
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 11, 2018
***It's time for the almond harvest***
We are Sanne and Marc, a couple from the Netherlands.
We are living with our 2,5 year old boy and two cats in a cortijo close to Torvizcón, in Andalucia, Spain.
The land around the cortijo has 500 almond trees and 200 olive trees. We have a tiny try at a vegetable garden, using grey water. We're living off grid and Marcs challenge right now is to build a solar system to charge our recently bought electric car. Then there is the project of building a yurt, that we want to restart. We have walls and doorframes and the next step is to steam the roofpoles.
We need 1-2 people to help us. You're welcome to come for any amount of time! We expect you to work 4-5 hours a day.
We're looking for people who can take care of themselves: we can't entertain you every evening or have three meals a day waiting for you. We have our family life and although we love socializing, we also have lots to do and need private time. Therefore we count on you to prepare your own breakfast and dinner, and we see the cooking of lunch as one of the jobs to be done each day by a different person.
- Almond harvest***August and September will be all about almonds!***
- A bit of gardening
- The yurt: making roof poles (steam bending the wood, cutting poles to size)
- Baby sitting: entertaining our son, so we can get something else done
- Cooking & washing up
- are you a carpenter and you like to work on something original? we still need help building the doors of the yurt! (the doorframes are almost finished)
- a completely equipped caravan to live in
- warm shower in the house
- the food (fruit/cereal/bread/cheese for breakfast and dinner, and a decent vegetarian meal for lunch)
- when we go to the village/town, we'll give you a lift
If you don't have your own transport, we can pick you up somewhere or you can take public transport.
Without transport you can go for walks in the mountains around us and to the village, or just hang out in the garden or your caravan.
With your own transport or public transport:
- Go to Órgiva, the main town of the area, with lots of activities like concerts and yoga classes
- Go up into the Sierra Nevada for beautiful hiking
- Relax at one of the beaches, at about 45 minutes drive.
- Granada is about 1,5 hours away