All Year: June to Oct
Area (ha): 1.5
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 58585
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 31, 2018
This year my place will be open to helpers for short 3-5 days periods at the time as I have to be in the city every other week.
The wood & hempcrete house construction in undergoing which might be of interest for those of you keen on the natural building techniques however my construction team speaks only Polish.
Enjoy nature on a Crystalline Clearing in Poland and help to create a permaculture garden & eco-habitat
I invite you to spend an adventurous nature-loving full of positive energy time with me in a countryside rural/forestry area, 38km from Kielce, 100 m from Cracow, 200km from Warsaw in Swietokrzyskie voivodship where I own 1.7ha land surrounded by a forest yet not far from a village Gorzakiew (300-400m).
I call it Krysztalowa Polana (Crystaline Clearing) because of its pure energy and a crystal clean water stream bordering it.
Anna: Polish but traveled the world, lived shortly in the US and for many years in Switzerland. Now back to my roots I create my permaculture based eco-habitat place on earth nearby where my ancestors come from in Poland.
Right now I spend half a year on a site in a caravan (May-October) and this is when I welcome volunteers.
I speak current English, French and Polish (of course). Communicate in Russian and get by with Italian as well.
This year we focus on two projects:
- The permaculture garden: with an emphasis on finishing elevated beds, planting and taking care of organic fruits and vegetables; setting a watering system, building a solar-heated shower, a solar fruit dryer and maybe a stove. etc.
- The hemp-crate + wood dome house construction, which will depend on a delivery of a construction permit - you can see some plans via my FB page link above.
The conditions are good for a scout-spirited people wanting to recharge their inner batteries and experience living by the rules of nature, by the daylight and the firelight, drinking fresh source water and bathing in a stream, eating vegetarian, gardening and harvesting gifts of nature from a lawn and a forest....
well... there is, however gas for cooking and I buy some ingredients from local farmers in a village or bring it from the city where I go on average once per week. There is a phone network reach, and a phone can be charged with a small solar charger I have, but no internet unless you have it on your phone).
I need your:
- physical help in the garden or at the eco-construction site (depending on a season)
- manual help in general maintenance if you are a skilled handyman/woman
- cooking and food harvesting and processing (vegetarian or preferably vegan)
- technical help in designing and setting a watering system (maybe building a small dam), solar power supply, stove, or other autonomous technical solutions like i.e. solar fruit dryer
Looking forward to hearing from you :-)