All Year: No
Host ID: 83164
Region: Mid Atlantic
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 17, 2020
My husband and I bought and live in a 130 year-old house in a beautiful small town on a River in New Bern, North Carolina, and there`s much to be done!
Here are some projects we could use a helper or two (if you can share a Queen sized bed) for -- it is important that you have experience/an interest in restoring old homes:
- tearing out rotten wood from the front porch ceiling & replacing it
- a handful of flooring details (trim, thresholds, etc.)
- landscaping (we have a large beautiful backyard and no time to work it)// building a back patio/deck of some sort?
- replacing a front door & a window
- staining & solidifying back steps
We offer a private bedroom with a queen size bed, linens, a shared bathroom, drawer space, a TV, a desk, and shared kitchen access in exchange for 5 hours of work a day (M-F). You`ll be working on your own for the most part, as Keith and I both have full-time jobs, so you must be self-sufficient. We will provide the tools and materials you`ll need to get the job(s) done! *We have a cat and two dogs living downstairs, and Nina has a little dog who lives upstairs with her. Must be comfortable with pets!
My husband and I live in the downstairs apartment and are expecting our first child in late November! I am a wedding & portrait photographer, and I work part-time for my church in Children's Ministry. My husband is an internal sales agent for a real estate team.
You would be sharing a hall bathroom, kitchen, and dining room with our 20-something brother and our good friend Nina! We have a separate suite upstairs with it's own bathroom that we rent to Airbnb Guests -- so please be mindful of those guests as well.
If you have the skills to help us with any of the aforementioned items, shoot us an email discussing the project(s) you would be eager to help with! :) Helpxers will be signing a "work-for-rent" contract before they arrive! We are a drug-free home!
We are curious as to what it could look like to have a live-in aupair/nanny after our child is born. I work mostly from home, so it's not a necessity, but we love the idea of familiarizing our child with languages, foods, and cultures different than our own! So if you're interested in that sort of role beginning in January 2021, please send us a message regarding that opportunity!
For the Nanny role, please include in your message:
1) Introduce yourself (homeland, age, languages spoken, profession, interests, hobbies, etc.) Please share your social media pages with us! We would love to see what you're like! :)
2) Your childcare & newborn experience & 2 contacts we can email for references
3) How long you would be interested in staying with us for & when you'd be available (earliest is January 2021)
4) Weekly Schedule: We would need you to watch our child from 8 AM - 2 PM Monday-Thursday and ONE night a week for date-night (probably Wednesdays). Some days I'll be around the house, working at my computer & semi-available, but Mondays & Wednesday mornings I'll need to be at the office. It'll be roughly 25 hours/week, and you would be working in exchange for your room (see above for description). You would be off by 2 PM each day (some days earlier), with the rest of your day free as well as 3-day weekends every weekend! :)
5) After reading the weekly schedule in #4, how would you spend those hours from 8-2 when you would be responsible for her? She will be 1 month old in January 2021, so consider her development and age and the months you are inquiring about staying with us! What might an 8-2 daily schedule look like under your care?
6) What else could you offer in regard to cultural-exchange if you were selected for this role? I would love to learn how to cook traditional dishes from your country and I'm interested in language-exchange!
I am looking for a young woman to come alongside our little family and be a part of it! I like staying active and would enjoy the company of another to take our baby to the park, or walk the dogs, or take baby to the beach with (we live 45 minutes from the ocean).
We live downtown, and we are walking distance to the touristy downtown attractions--so if you wanted to pick up an afternoon part-time position at a place downtown for some pocket money, you would be able to walk/bike to work!
If you're interested in taking weekend trips (with your 3-day weekends), there is a greyhound bus stop downtown that you could take (one-way to NYC is $76!). We would be happy to invite you on certain weekend trips if you're available so you would get a chance to see more of the country! We like visiting the beach & the mountains, and my parents live up near Washington, DC, so on the weekends when we go see them, we would be happy to take you with us! From their house, we could drop you at the metro station, and you could take a day trip into the city!
If this sounds like a good fit for you -- please send me a message!!!