All Year: Yes
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 84516
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 10, 2019
Who are we?
We are a group of aspiring young people undertaking a natural education innovation project in rural China. We own a large and beautiful farm, which is located in the suburb of Chengdu, Sichuan Province. As known as the hometown of Panda, Chengdu is a relaxing international city which worths a visit. However, do not have any expectation to meet pandas on the street! Our farm is only 50 minutesí drive from the city center and 20 min from the airport, so you can choose to take a bus or a taxi to get to our farm.
Our Farm has been well-organized since 2012 which is still operating quite well and has a very high reputation among our customers and cooperative partners. The farm covers an area of 2 hectares, including living quarters, recreation area, scenic area, animal section, and plant section. On the farm, there are three luxury houses that you will live in one of them with fully equipped facilities, a spacious kitchen, a grocery store selling farm products as well as a summer swimming pool. We are proud of owning more than 12 kinds of animals, including our superstar ostrich, and a large variety of non-spray vegetables.
What are we doing?
As planned, we started to build our natural education base last year. We grow trees and plants. We raise chicken and ducks. We do have lots of lovely and funny animals such as ostriches, peacocks, goats, rabbits, and pigs. Therefore, we live in a healthy and ecological lifestyle and also we are trying to do permaculture in our farmland. Beyond these, we design various curricula and activities for Children from 3-12 years old in our natural education programme. Animal feeding and introduction, vegetable recognition and farming, nature artworks, animal housing construction and physical training are just part of our system. Overnight camping on the lawn is also available and it becomes a more and more popular activity among parents, self-serviced BBQ and parties included.
Due to an increase in popularity and an incredibly large amount of visitors in our farm, we would like to invite you to come to help us and increase our cultural diversity. No requirement or experience needed.
We need you!
In exchange, you can either choose to work 5 hours per day for free food and accommodation, or 4 hours per day for free accommodation only, with both two days off per week. You can pick your own vegies and then cook in your way. We absolutely welcome different cultures.
What are your main duties?
1. Farm work and gardening, such as weeding, planting and fertilizing. Just make sure you get enough exercise every day.
2. Assistance in artworks. Training is provided and then you will help us in natural art courses. Besides, if you have any good ideas about natural artifacts, you can create masterpieces and design courses on your own.
3. Housekeeping. We keep everything clean and tidy, but donít worry about the shit in the farmland.
4. Basic maintenance. Carpenters, plumbers or any related experience are more than welcome.
5. Teaching English in some programmes if possible.
6. Sometimes we will ask you to feed animals if needed.
7. Enjoy your stay and relax. Be talkative and share your stories with us.
What can you get from this experience?
1. Free cozy twin room with a private bathroom, a large kitchen and unlimited Wi-Fi, free self-produced food, free interesting talks, and free local travel guidance.
2. You can explore both surrounding rural areas and Chengdu city to gain a better understanding of China in your spare time.
3. Practical operating experience of natural education curriculum and permaculture. The precious and rare opportunity to involve in Chinese traditional agriculture.
The minimum stay is one week.