All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1,3
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 87348
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 12, 2018
We are Hilde (45) and Luc (47), two Flemish without children, who swapped the hectic life in Belgium for the peace and traquility of the French countryside of the Thiérache (in Picardy), now three years ago.
It was love at first sight: a nice house with an impressive barn and behind that, a pasture with a magnificient view of the valley of the Oise.
We are currently quite busy doing small restauration on the house and the barn and we've also started transforming the pasture into a big garden with space for our two donkeys, a food forest, a kitchen garden, several natural puddles, a wooded bank, a spot for bee-oriented beekeeping, and who knows, maybe you have some great idea yourself we can implement!
We are keen on sharing this wonderfull place with others, in exchange for a little help.
We could do with a hand with the following activities:
– building bee-oriented beehives
– biological kitchen gardening and taking care of the harvest
– building a harrow, plow and charriot (welding)
- building a composting toilet
- taking care of the donkeys
- working the hayland
– erecting hempline walls
- taking care of rabbits and chicken
– building and installing a winch (welding)
- creating a natural water drain and puddle
- builing a new stable for the donkeys
- fixing up old furniture
– builing a pétanque lane
- cooking togher
- painting with traditional lime paint
- renovating the barn to its original glory
- building a greenhouse by using recycling materials
- builing small dry stone walls, a herb spiral and an insect hotel
- redevelloping traditional regional hays and taking care of them
– creating a food forest
- doing mortar joints inside and outside
- building a solar drying machine
We are always welcoming your own ideas!
It would be geat if you could handle a scythe.
We eat meat ourselfs but can cater for vegetarians. We provide 3 meals a day on working days; other days to be discussed.
Expected hours: on average 5 hours/day, 5 days a week (flexible).
You can sleep in a spare room in our house or your own tent. The bathroom is shared with us.
Phone use: to be discussed
Internet acces: unfortunately limited
Smoking is allowed outside the buildings.
Local shops and train station (Hirson) at 10 km. If you come by train, we'll be glad to pick you up.
EuroVelo 3 (Trondheim - Santiago de Compostela) is at 500 meters.
We have one bike available for visitors.
No accomodation for animals since we have cats and a dog ourselves.
No accomodation for children.