All Year: Yes
Host ID: 93215
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 24, 2020
Being sensible not fearful in keeping a safe house for all, in light of Coronavirus. Open for business and to any with a positive mindset and community/family spirit.
Immediate HomeHelp/Dog walker/Admin Assistant needed from approx 10th. (Also, I have back to back volunteers all year, so do check back later in the year if that suits you better.)
Preferably an older or experienced homeowner, or has had responsibility for a house before, or a Married couple please. A dog lover with good English, enjoys looking after people and giving attention to detail.
For both HelpX roles below you should:
1. be flexible and adaptable with your working hours and days. I am happy with you taking up to 3 days off a week if you would prefer to work longer on less days.
2. love dogs and walking my dog, even in our winter weather. Preferably experienced with dogs.
2. love people and caring for them. Good customer service.
3. an organised person who enjoys giving attention to detail
4. cook for yourself at least (and hopefully me too (I am NOT vegetarian)).
5. be happy entertaining yourself in your spare time. I will happily show you what you can go and do in your free time, and places of interest to visit.
6. be completely non- smoking, thank you. (Please do not apply if you smoke.)
7. have good/intermediate level of English in all aspects, preferably level B or C. My roles do not suit beginner English. (Please do not apply if your English is not AT LEAST intermediate level)
8. preferably be over 30 years old, or have been responsible for your own property
9. have lived independently, away from home, and in a foreign country before
10. be an excellent and proactive communicator.
THE TWO DIFFERENT HELPX ROLES:
A Home Help for general help around the home. An extra adult, a friend to share the daily load. Someone that is independent, aged 30+, or good life experience, and has looked after their own property. You are confident with animals, guests and random household chores and general gardening. A good level of English is required, no beginners please.
I run Airbnb in the spare rooms in my home, so I need daily help with everyday household chores, constant (few) international guests, and daily dog walking.
Jobs include light cleaning, cooking, but especially helping me with daily housework, some admin and simple computer based tasks (like online research, e-bay selling, de-cluttering), garden tidying, and being company for the fluffiest dog you may ever have seen :-). The jobs are small, and many, but very varied and light.
Separate to the above:
An experienced DIY-er for several outdoors, garden and small interior building repair tasks around the house. Note:from Novembe to March it will be very cold and sometimes wet. Projects may include:
- repair & paint rotten wooden window frame
- create a removeable dog agitility course in the garden, out of recyled materials
- re-paint downstairs front door and external window frames
- make a windowseat/bench in the dining room
- clean out small fish pond
- create a stream and mini waterfall from recycled materials, on a budget
- make a small front garden gate
- dig up sugar cane roots
- painting a fence and shed
- basic garden tidy up
- sanding and varnishing
- painting a door frame and wardrobe
- cleaning and restoring hallway floor - original 100 year old victorian slate, tiles
- DIY odd jobs and repairing small items
If you are creative, that would be a bonus. Please tell me what type of things you have accomplished and created in your DIY-ing.
I run Airbnb in my home, so I have regular international travelling guests whom you can interact with (I live near Birmingham Aiport), when they are home in the evenings.
I work from home as a natural therapist -specialising in emotional health and the mind-body connection. So can be busy in the day times, while you work, but am here at home, so happy to help. Volunteers tend to have mornings and evenings off and work afternoons.
My guests are out in the day times, but here several evenings a week. It can be buzzing one evening and quite the next. So you must be happy with quiet times, and with entertaining yourself. I have no family for you to interact with (my guests often become my temporary family).
I enjoy helping you improve your English. My international guests say I'm really good at this because I speak very clear English and can explain reasons for corrections well. There is also a language school 15 mins cycle ride away. They require 15 hours minimum a week (5 days x 3 hours each morning).
This is a Christian household, so I would be looking for someone who is quite comfortable with respecting Christian morals, including a simpler lifestyle.
I love relaxing music and introducing people to my hobby of Ceroc dancing (also called Modern Jive).
I ask that applicants are completely non-smokers please.
There is no TV licence here, so it is illegal to watch live (and some catch up) UK television here, even on your own devices. Though you are free to watch Netflix, You Tube etc.
I am happy to help and guide you to find places to go and activities to do, as much as I can and have lots of leaflets for the nearest intersting places to visit (I am regularly told I should have been a Tour Guide :-).
Living right in the centre of the country, beside England's 2nd biggest city, we have a great public transport network. Trains and buses are just a 5 minute walk from my house, so it is very easy to get anywhere.
NOTE: I don't cook, so while I can supply your food, you must be happy to cook for yourself at least, and if you can cook for me too, that would be a great help. (For this reason, this job may not suit a vegetarian, unless you are happy to cook meat for me sometimes.)