Wiang Chai, Chiang Rai
All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 26
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 10929
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 3, 2018
SHORT AND LONG TERM VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE!!
New Life Foundation is a non-profit mindful recovery and self-development community for people who are suffering from burnout, depression, stress, abuse, trauma, addiction, or for people who would like to discover tools for finding a new direction in life.
Our peaceful community is set amidst the hills and lakes of Chiang Rai, in northern Thailand. It provides an ideal environment for healing body and mind. Our mission is to cultivate a lifestyle that fosters inner growth. Within our community, we are all actively engaged in learning from one other.
Our unique program offers meditation, yoga, sustainable agriculture, natural building, the opportunity to join retreats and workshops, and much more.
Here, you can enjoy the tranquility of the foundation and outside of community work hours, you can take the opportunity to take part in other workshops and activities. We provide individual fan rooms with private bathrooms and three vegetarian meals a day. We also have a pool and steam bath available for everyone’s enjoyment.
We offer a wide variety of possibilities for volunteers to help and put their skills into practice. It is a great way to get some practical experience with agriculture, construction and natural building, and much more.
There are positions open for long-term volunteers who typically stay for six months or more, and who have special skills or who fulfill highly necessary duties, tasks, or responsibilities within the community. These long-term volunteers receive free room and board for the duration of their stay at New Life.
We are currently looking for two people to be able to stay at the foundation long-term:
- Marketing Volunteer, tasks include:
- Create, produce, and manage social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram)
- Write original content for our blog and website and manage accordingly.
- Balance between SEO-friendly posts (including keyword research and analysis) and Facebook posts (upcoming retreats and activities that are going on in the foundation; links to relevant, interesting content)
- Manage the production of a quarterly newsletter with foundation updates, events and retreats
- Consolidate online feedback responses for reporting to management
- Monitor New Life website to make sure it is updated, make changes as required as well as regular maintenance
- Support marketing the foundation to the visiting community, creating ideas for merchandise, conduct tours, support the Front Office when necessary
- A solid digital marketing background with a working knowledge of social media platforms including advertising, SEO and copywriting, Wordpress management, cross-platform content creation and ethical link building
- Experience in performing keyword research and competition analysis
- Videographer Volunteer, tasks include:
We are looking for someone who can take video and still footage, edit videos for promotional content and work alongside our marketing team.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 3 months and has their own equipment although we do have a basic camera.
For short-term volunteers, the foundation asks a small contribution in order to help cover the costs of your meals and accommodation. This also allows our non-profit organisation to continue to offer scholarships to those in need. Our volunteer program offers much more than exchange of work for food and accommodation.
Short-term volunteers work 4 hours per day. Outside of work hours, volunteers can join in yoga and meditation sessions, as well as plenty of other interesting activities such as workshops, support groups, movie nights, dance, steam bath, and more
For more information please look at our website, get in touch by email, or send us a message through HelpX and we'll get back to you right away!