All Year: Yes
Area (ha): .12
Host ID: 11991
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 12, 2018
This is a great opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic, honest and hard-working individual with a good work ethic who prefers a friendly family-like atmosphere. My ideal helper requires nominal supervision and is an independent self-starter who believes in quality work and will follow a project through from beginning to end.
My projects are as follows:
Outdoors (late spring through Fall projects):
- build raised garden beds / cold-frames
- Paint shed exterior
- Paint shed interior
- Replace/build new upper deck
- Yard maintenance - mowing, weed-whacking
- Keeping the driveway, front walkway & path, back decks and back stairs cleared of ice and snow in the winter, and swept and cleared in the summer
- Installing a kick-plate on the front door
- Install electrical outlet on left side of garage exterior (professional electrical experience required)
- Heat registers sanded, straightened and painted
- Paint family room (to include all prep work and clean-up)
- Paint garage interior (to include all prep work and clean-up)
- Replace ceiling light fixture at front entrance (tall ceiling - requires ladder and 2nd person to assist)
- Help organize garage
I also have several sewing projects:
- I would also appreciate hosting someone who has the skill set to create quilt blocks from t-shirt logos (I don't expect a finished product).
I don't expect any one person to complete all of the projects listed above, but I do expect volunteers to know how to complete the tasks listed as I will not be available to direct and guide.
If you inquire about a Helpx work exchange with me, please be sure to list what your skills are and what projects you can confidently and competently complete without my supervision.
I have a four bedroom home in midtown Anchorage. During your stay, you would have your own room and share a bathroom. The common areas (kitchen, family room, living room, laundry room, etc) are communal.
My home is a tobacco/E-cig free and drug-free family environment with myself and one young adult. We live in an established neighborhood with friendly and attentive neighbors. We are centrally located and close (walking distance) to parks, grocery stores, the library, movie theatre, university, hospital and more.
Anchorage is a great place to explore and is a gateway to many other Alaska communities. Consider my home a springboard to your Alaska adventures!