All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1
Host ID: 14962
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 10, 2019
OUR PLACE: a restored farmhouse with a large garden in a stunning (pre)alpine setting in the far north-east of Italy... an ideal location with easy access to mountain sports: downhill, alpine and cross country skiing, open-air ice-skating, sauna health and wellness, contemplation, hiking, slope style/downhill/mountainbiking, road cycling and we are also near many excellent rivers for kayaking and fishing, as well as being close to the upper Adriatic for great sailing (we do not provide a boat).yet.
- Carpentery and fencing
- finishing/straightening roof/ceiling lining of boards between open beams
- garden maintenance and preparing raised organic vegetable garden with hot composting
WE NEED those who can undertake small handyperson tasks, i.e. carpentry, minor electrical/plumbing etc
We are interested in hearing from people who feel they can contribute to helping us achieve these aims, through, for example skills and knowledge of woodwork or organic gardening or who have knowledge of fruit trees etc.
Our helpx experiences have been fantastic fun and very successful. We are extremely grateful for the help that we have received and really love having guests, taking them around to see the sights, and really do go out of our way to make sure they enjoy their stay.
We have a lot of requests and MUCH prefer helpxers who provide REFERENCES.
We are happy to accommodate groups of two or three, and it's our experience that the more helpers, the merrier the stay.
If you have your own transport, it's easier to visit any of the off-the-beaten-track places we are able to send you!
However if you don't have your own transport it isn't a problem, see below: GETTING AROUND
In exchange, for travellers/visitors/helpers we offer some of the following:
- local on-the-ground knowledge of Slovenia, Friuli and other parts of Italy
- accompanying/organisation of small groups or individuals on tailored tours i.e. cycling, river and water sports, historical, culinary and wine-tasting, wellness (sauna, natural therapies)
WE CAN ALSO ORGANISE:
-participation in local agricultural production and activity from wine-making and tasting to pig-slaughtering and sausage-making depending on time of year
- cooking lessons with local and foraged produce, (can also arrange pasta-making sessions)
N:B: we speak Australian English at home, so if you want to learn Italian, we may not be the ideal helpX gig for you).
YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE pleasant and very comfortable accommodation here and I can cook to suit most dietary requirements and preferences.
The local bus from Udine drops you right outside the door, with several services each day, however the last bus from town is around 8pm.
There are a couple of bikes available - most of the time - for local visits and day trips, and there is an excellent bike hire service nearby, remember we are on the Giro d'Italia cycling route!!
INTERESTED IN: learning about/sharing of knowledge re:
- raw diet and detoxing protocols and/or
- colour analysis/consulting
and would be delighted to host helpers who know about/could provide skills exchange in this area
ALSO INTERESTED IN TRAVEL/ HOLIDAY C0MPANIONS:
Seek above for periods of between 1-6 weeks in Europe (Turkey/Middle-east/Asia) in July/August and for short periods/three day weekend breaks in spring and autumn with like-minded individuals/couples/small groups.
TYPE OF HOLIDAY (for self ..in summer):
- rail/bike/camper touring which combines visiting galleries/museums with sport activities such as cycling/hiking/skiing.
I can happily undertake non-competitive easygoing outdoor activities cycling or hiking (i.e. will cycle up to 50+km per day with stops, but not up to taking on huge semi-pro climbs or the giro d'italia)
- much prefer engagement with local cultures to five-star detachment.
- can also consider taking a helper role for summer assignments of short periods of work/conversation lessons or interpreting and/or guiding/accompanying or cooking, preferably in a holiday mode/location.