All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 1593
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 1, 2018
We offer the following daily work:
- Caring for ducks, fish, cats and dogs
- Permaculture (Permanent Agriculture)
- Planting, fertilizing, daily harvesting for meals, weeding
- Cooking, baking and yummy shake making (we`re Foodies)
- Fun and laid back atmosphere
- Creative projects for the farm
P-Da`s Massage School: Traditional Thai massage courses and treatments available on demand. (Not included in price) Message for more information.
We are located in Doi Saket which is 20 km north of Chiang Mai. This is an Akha permaculture farm close to a few hill tribe villages. These days we are planting, weeding, taking care of animals, general farm stuff and a few projects to build us up to a fully self-sustainable farm. The bottom line is, we are looking for folks with high awareness, mindfulness and low expectations.
We provide 3 meals, a bamboo cabin for lodging and lots of space for creativity. We hope volunteers will care from their own dwelling, caring and talking to the plants. We have mountain bikes and a motorcycle with a sidecar for getting around the local area to visit the local markets.
Right now we have a few projects that require help:
- Making compost! Clean dry leaf fall under trees and fill compost bin; add cow manure, fire ash, coffee skins; fill compost bin again with leaf fall; add water. [DONE] Turn compost after 4 months.
- Removing concrete poles, metal wiring and plastic material from old chicken coup. Then tilling land to grow vegetables.
- Clearing jungle overgrowth behind the farm to protect against fires during dry season. The use of machine cutter is required.
- Till dirt around 30+ fruit tree`s, add compost and EM (effective microorganisms) water.
We are primarily looking for long-term volunteers who can stay for 2 to 4 week or longer in order to get into the rhythm of life here. We are interested in solar and also help to put some YouTube videos on our face book, posting on our blog about this farm.
The farm has a productive Lum Yai orchard, Mango, Papaya, Lemon trees, passion fruit, vegetable gardens, a large fish pond that you can jump and swim in. We will soon start our mulberry harvest. We make jam and other goodies. Every so often on a full moon, there is a party with a large bonfire.
We ask 500 baht a day to cover costs of food, drink and utilities. This includes unique lodging and three delicious meals a day. There is some WiFi access.
Note, that at least 1-2 hours of work per day is required of you during your stay with us. If you want to do more, feel free to come up with any project ideas: paint a wall, fish in the pond, safety check our multiple hammock setups, chill in the yoga sala etc.
If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience, love to learn about farming and happy to work and help out anyway you can, feel free to come and stay. We are mindful about what we do, and hope you are too.
We hope you treat this land as if it were your own, then find useful and fun things to do here. We have water and hoses next to each cabin and the occupants get to take care of their place, plant and talk to the plants.
Chokdee (good luck) Krap!