All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 200
Host ID: 16272
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 10, 2018
We are looking for one additional team member for the month of December, starting asap
Thanks and looking forward to meeting you!
Our ecolodge is an Off-Grid tourism destination on a quest for self-sufficiency. We operate year round and focus on developing and integrating various sustainable practices, such as compost Humanure, alternative building, operate with Solar & Wind power and grow organic food.
We also offer to guests & visitors (and helpers, of course):
• Infinite wilderness - 485 acres, with crown land surrounding
• Extensive trail system - hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing, XC skiing, Kicksledding
• Water access - canoeing, fishing, swimming
• Sliding park - winter tubing and free sliding
• Event ground - sporting events, music festival, retreats, workshops, school and community events, etc.
• Accommodations - Log cabins, Yurt, Glamping, Camping
We will provide you with accommodation, food and free access to all facilities & activities. You will be living 'off the grid', with beautiful, pristine forest surrounding you.
You will be required to:
• love and embrace nature
• Have interest in physical work
• Be independent, efficient and trust-worthy
• Be friendly and have good communication skills (with guests and within team)
Help is needed in the following fields, depending on preference, skill, season, project at hand, etc.:
• Building & renovating
• Growing food and implementing permaculture design
• Firewood - for indoor and outdoor fires
• Forestry, trail building and maintenance
• Mechanical - machine operation, fixing and maintenance
• Household - child care, cooking and general assistance
• Hosting - prepare accommodations and host guests
• Events preparations
Our help exchange arrangement:
We are aware that you are looking for an experience, and therefor will do our best to make your visit here as positive and memorable as possible.
We are looking for an average of 6 hours per day, with two days off per week (may not be the weekends).
With that said, the tourism industry is unpredictable in nature, so flexibility and willingness is required.
We will make sure that you will receive your free time, even if there will not always be a clear structure.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Jen, Tzach and the family.