All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 10 (22 acres)
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 21131
Region: New South Wales
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 24, 2018
We are a family of 4 living on our semi-rural property within easy reach of the beautiful Mid-North Coast beaches.
Our home is a mini-nature reserve of 22 acres, with lots of wildlife, and is bordered by 500acres of land that adjoins National Park.
Our primary goal is to manage our property through conservation, reforestation, and habitat restoration to make it a sanctuary for native wildlife. This requires continuous work.
We are also renovating part of our home. You may be asked to help with this.
Basically, we require help with all aspects of living here.
What we offer in the exchange:-
- breakfast, lunch and dinner
- an invitation to join in our lives
- push bikes to ride around the local area
- trips to town and beaches
- body-boards to enjoy the surf
What we expect you to offer in the exchange:-
- an honest effort during work
- to be very conscious of conserving resources such as water and electricity (this means short showers!! and not leaving lights on)
- help with the kitchen clean-up whenever we eat together
- you provide any snacks, fruit, or drinks that you may need beyond what we offer
- respect for our family (please no swearing) and our property (please don`t sit on our furniture in your work clothes)
- help in any way above and beyond is always appreciated.
Preferrably you will:-
- have good English-speaking skills
- be under 25 years
- be capable of light manual work
- be fit and energetic
- be a non-smoker
- be happy to socialise sometimes, but be comfortable with your own company at other times
- not be a vegetarian or require a special diet
Be sure to check our photo bucket (on the web link above) to see what we`ve been up to with past helpers.
Before contacting us please make sure that your profile is up-to-date and has at least one photograph of yourself.
In your initial application email please use the word "frogs" so that we can be sure you`ve read and understood our profile; tell us what dates you are hoping to come here; and let us know what skills or experiences you have to offer in the exchange.
Any skills are useful and welcome. We value anyone`s efforts when they are genuine.