All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.25
Host ID: 22382
Region: Western Australia
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 29, 2020
1 weeding a big garden (gender not important) and / or handyman (Male preferred)
As soon as possible
The ideal person would be a sightseer visiting Perth for a few weeks to maybe a month and who can speak english and work reasonably independently.
I am retired, active, independent male. I have cycled 2/3 of the world on a bike, swim 3-4 km/wk, am a major blood donor in Australia and do medical research.
WHAT THE HOST IS OFFERING
Will exchange 7 days free accommodation (no meals) for two days light work. The time staying here can be extended by mutual agreement. Minimum time is 2 weeks. Some backpackers have stayed here for more than a year but they have to be good. Some keep returning. The house is equipped with fast unlimited internet. Bicycles are provide for sight seeing.
If you have other skills, let me know and I may have other work for you.
I am only interested in an honest backpacker.
MY REFERENCE RATING
My references are rated at 5 stars, with one exception
WHAT THE HOST IS NOT OFFERING
(READ VERY CAREFULLY TO AVOID EMBARRASSMENT LATER)
I am not offering:
1. couch surfing or short term stay
2. free accommodation for part time or full time students or full time employed backpackers, in exchange for work;
3. a postal address where backpackers can get their Tax File Number, mobile account set up, registration for a vehicle or anything else which involves post being sent to my address; and
4. accomodation to people who normally live in Perth or Fremantle or their surrounds.
5. accomodation for cool dudes, mobile junkies, couples, socialites, users or domineering backpackers or people actively looking for jobs and looking for free accomodation. Have been ripped off by several smart ass back packers.
PRIME LOCATION FOR VISITING PERTH
Location and view of the house can be viewed on Google maps. It is an ideal location (prime location) for visiting Perth. It is a very safe area. It is 3km from the University of Western Australia, 2km from the Swan River, 4km from Cottesloe beach and is on a bus route to Perth (7km), Fremantle (13km) and Cottesloe (4km). It is halfway between Perth and Fremantle.
SPANISH ENGLISH EXCHANGE
If you can speak Spanish and want to learn English, that would be a plus but I do not substitute speaking Spanish for help.
ENJOY AUSTRALIA, You only live once but do it safely and honestly. May your God be with you.
LEGENDS TO PHOTOS
Photo 1: St Johns Newfoundland, Canada after cycling the Trans Canada Hwy from from Vancouver (BC)
Photo 2: Cruising in the Antarctic on a Russia Research Vessel;
Photo 3: Bush Walking on the Bibbulmun Track (Perth to Albany, 940km) in Western Australia
Photo 4: Inspecting a brick wall Winston Churchill built in England. Note the lean on it: It is like his politics
Photo 5: Mount Everest Base camp 2016 with my children
Photo 6: Playing music with friends