Port St Johns
All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 23432
Country: South Africa
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 31, 2017
Amapondo rests on a hill just across from the Beach. Boasting breathtaking views, this is place is known for its VIBEY ATMOSPHERE, SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD, BUZZING BAR, PRIVATE SELF-CATERING COTTAGES, and wide variety of THINGS TO DO.
But its a lot of work living in Paradise, and WE NEED YOUR HELP...
As a volunteer within a community here, you will get involved in some of the following:
- Guide guests to the waterfall and other outings and hikes.
- Assist in Guest Entertainment
- Chat to guests to ensure they are having a great time
- Drive Guests to town, if needed
- Drive to town to buy shopping for our bar and restaurant
- Fetch and cut fire wood and chop it up
- Help in the bar and restaurant
- Gardening and vegetable growing
- Painting and decoration
- Clean up around the grounds
- Help to unload the vehicle or other deliveries when they arrive
- Help with maintenance and repairs
- Basic administration
- Bath our Dogs
In exchange we will offer you an amazing life experience, free accommodation, free tea and coffee, free dinner and discounted breakfast and lunch from our restaurant, a communal kitchen, free tours, some free drinks (when the owners are around and feeling generous, which is most of the time!). But most importantly, you'll get to experience the Wild Coast, in all her splendour and beauty, and join our amazing community.
We also run a charity-based Volunteer Programme that supports rural community Projects within the surrounding poorer areas. Please see our other listing (Host ID 20389) for more information.
We are proudly passionate about Pondo Culture and would love you to experience it too. Born and bred in the area, our FRIENDLY PONDO STAFF bubble over with Pondo-licious ideas to keep you entertained.
WARNING: The ground beats with rhythm and soul - the magnetic energy soaks into your skin – and you’re guaranteed to catch ‘Pondo Fever’ and not want to leave.