All Year: Yes
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 24060
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 27, 2015
We are a mixed business, sheep and cropping and online education farm. It's a beautiful, windy place about 1.5 hours drive from Melbourne and 45 minutes drive from Geelong or Ballarat. We have a large garden, with lots of veggies, 2 young children (2 & 5 years old), dogs, frogs and more. We enjoy having visitors and are good fun. We WWoofed in Europe a few years ago so understand what you're looking for.
At the moment we're after people to help with 2 things.
1. We're seeking someone to help with the kids, give us a hand with housework, especially cleaning and and organising, do some painting, gardening and other odd jobs around the house.
2. General maintenance on the farm, for someone with a few practical skills and the ability to work hard there is loads to do (you do need to be physically strong and able to work outside). You might be helping cart wood, digging drenches, helping patch our shed, painting or any other hand-type job.
We'll supply all food, a nice comfy bed (in a different house, so you don't get woken up too early), there's plenty of other things you can help with. Helping us prepare the odd meal would be fantastic as well. We've become really busy at work and over the next few weeks we would love someone to slot in and give us a hand while we get the work done.
Please note my wife and I do not work on the farm, it's our family farm and we run our online business from here. But we don't work on the farm every day.
We'll expect you to do around 5 - 6 hours a day. We find in a 4 hour day there's often not enough time to get things done. We get that you need to have a break as well and we'll make sure you do.
We're very flexible, you could use us as a base and go on an adventure for a few days. Or you can just read a book. We're away sometimes on the weekends.. Please note we keep getting asked if we can sign visa forms - this work doesn't qualify under the 2nd year visa scheme - so we can't complete those forms.
It's important you understand we are on a farm, so you can't walk into town. You need to be good at relaxing in your time off.
This place is pretty amazing, we hosted the Warrambeen Film Festival a few years ago - google it for the photos, we're about 1.5 hours from the Surfcoast.
Who would this suit
1. Good with kids or a great handyman / Fixit
2. Someone who is flexible and wants to relax and enjoy being on a farm in the country
3. People who don't mind cleaning and helping around the house
3. Someone who likes good food and a glass of wine (we grow pork and lamb on the farm). Also we do lots of laughing
4. Would suit large groups as well as we have accommodation that sleeps lots of people.
We'll take you on a tour of the farm, give you Satellite web access in the evening and after meals you'll have you're own comfortable space to hang out in. You don't even need to live with us!
To get here catch a train to Geelong or Ballarat and we can pick you up.
As a working farm we don't have many tourist type activities right here, but we are very central to accessing lots of Victorian landmarks. Geelong even has a giant cement sphinx ; ). A car is not crucial but would be useful.
Send us an email and let us know how long you would like to stay for and we'll go from there.