All Year: Yes
Persons: 1 or 2
Host ID: 25100
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: February 4, 2020
Hello Helpers / Travelers:
My name is Lorna. I have traveled extensively and welcome the opportunity to share my home with like minded travelers.
During my travels , the best part was meeting "locals", who know the area.
As I've lived in downtown Toronto most of my life, I can suggest local "hot spots", where to get the best deals, shopping / excursions, directions and more...
Feel "at home" while visiting TORONTO on a budget.
My home (an old 3- Storey Victorian), is in an Ideal Location- Downtown Toronto, near Korea Town (Annex Area- Steps from Christie Subway Station and Christie Pits Park).
- close to everything you need and to most Tourist Destinations.
If you have SKILLS in:
- Carpentry, Concrete work
- Construction, Renovating
- Electrical Connections (wiring, outlets / plugs)
- tile work, plastering
- House Maintenance...
PLEASE CONTACT ME.
I have lots of Tools and most of the materials but little skill.
- digging up cracked cement and refilling area @ 6 x 4 ft.
- building entrance overhang
- replacing pot lights with LED
- garage loft: baseboards, finish ceiling ( plaster/ paint)
- organizing garage storage and space (ongoing)
- waterproof exterior joints
- deep clean; behind fridges and stoves...
- service minisplit system
Please Note: If you DON'T have ANY of these skills, I will NOT accommodate you. I have previously accommodated people without these skills and it has NOT been a beneficial experience. Sorry.
However, if your skills are "expert level", groceries will be provided.
Fresh Produce / Grocery / Convenience Stores etc. are (literally) just around the corner.
ACCOMODATIONS Garage Loft - private studio space
- Air Conditioning and Heating
- single bed / double air mattress / clic couch / table
- Comforter, linen, blankets, towels, pillows
- BASIC Kitchen ~ bar fridge, cook top, (utensils, Pots/ Pans, Microwave, toaster, etc.)
- comfortable and cozy
- access to Laundry facilities
One person PREFERABLY (or Two) handy people to work 3 to 4 hours a day.
Length of stay: 2 weeks. If it’s a good fit an extension can be negotiated.
Ideal location- Highly Desired Neighbourhood, Quiet and Safe.
- coffee shops, restaurants, parks, theatre, libraries, pubs,
Theatre, U of T, Mirvish Village, Little Italy, Korea Town, Yorkville, the ROM, Art Gallery of Ontario, Kensington Market, live music venues, gym, markets, Free Festivals, outdoor movies, swimming pools and more...
* ALL WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE *
- friendly, accepting, respectful, ethical, well traveled,
- have a wonderful (trained but "spoiled") little dog “Moonlight” aka: "the devil",
- work from home (mostly),
- allow privacy and "space",
- Certified ESL Instructor.
- Quiet, Respectful, Mature, Clean, Self Motivated, Diligent and able to work Independently.