All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 28603
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: August 31, 2020
This is the home of a young family. We are striving towards sustainable living in harmony with the cycles of nature. We are also a platform for arts, workshops and community projects.
We like to welcome energetic people of all ages and experience levels to live and work with our family to establish a healthy, sustainable and creative place for our children to grow up in.
We are gardening and caring for a little herd of goats, there are natural building projects where we can teach stone and clay building techniques and would be happy for some more carpentry expertise or simply two more strong and willing hands.
If you are ambitious and want to use our space as a platform for creating, learning, teaching of any sort please contact us and share your ideas!
What to bring:
- Tent, sleeping bag, head light and rain proof clothes.
- If another arrangement for accommodation is needed please let us know.
What's going on right now:
Summer 2020: Gathering material for 'big kids' rooms, connecting house and roundhouse, creating covered kiddie pool area. Aquaponics system, daily watering, winter seeding and planting.
Spring 2020: Building chicken coop and receiving chickens, Summer seeding and planting.
Winter 2020: Birth of our baby boy -welcome Galil, Milking goats and the birth of two baby goats, building an entrance to the house and shower with cob, hot water installation. Spring seeding and planting.
- Autumn 2019: Finishing Babies room, replacing annex roof, improving drainage of roundhouse, winter seeding and planting.
- Summer 2019: Starting construction of babies cob room, restructuring of goats herd and fencing two more zones for the goats.
- Spring 2019: Goatie milking season, cheese making, cob work on the inside and outside of the Roundhouse, cob work outside of the bedroom annex, fencing a closed pasture area for the goats, planting summer crop.
- Winter 2019: Closing and flooring the Roundhouse and creating kitchen infrastructure, adding a pantry (roof and base construction), spring beds mulching and seeding a nursery summer crop and installing watering systems (sprinklers and drip lines).
- Autumn 2018: Olive harvest! Also, Building a shower and improving the stables.
- Spring/Summer 2018: Building an annex to the house and developing an integral "Zone One" including garden, orchard and animals.
- Summer 2017: Regardless if you have previous experience with any natural building or if you are just very motivated to learn, join our group effort to create some beautiful structures this summer working with clay, straw, stone and timber.
We have English, German, Hebrew and Portuguese speakers around. So choose the language of your preference. :)