**FARM MAINTENANCE & GENERAL HOUSE HELP**
**EXPERIENCED RIDER/GROOM WITH HORSES**
Our next intake is available from 1 April, we can take a single person or ideally 2 friends travelling together, we are better suited for this.
Current projects include building hay shed, planting new plants, external house clean.
We are on a stunning 11 acre hobby farm, with horses (if you are an experienced horse rider - we are keen to meet you!), chickens, cats & dogs. Large beautiful four bedroom house set on nearly 2 acres of English garden with mature trees.
Located on the outskirts of Healesville township (Healesville is 1 hour from Melbourne CBD), we are a short drive from town, with the bus running past our front gate. We have had numerous international travellers stay with us over the last 4 years & is a great base from which to explore.
Help needed, in exchange for free accommodation:
- general home maintenance & cleaning
- set up of accommodation room for b&b guests
- unskilled farm jobs
- feeding & exercising dogs/cats
- opportunity to ride, train & exercise horses (daily lunge work, dressage/flat work - must be experienced rider, your own insurance is preferred), we have 3 great horses!
- young horse handling, must be experienced
- cleaning stables, horse ground handling, general stable hand work
- feeding farm animals (chickens, horses)
- collecting firewood in cooler months
- cooking evening meal/dinner each night
- cleaning up after each meal
We have a few options available and happy to negotiate if below does not suit (please choose one, and we don't provide food)
1. 15-20 hours a week - free accommodation in exchange for work. (nb - if you cook a delicious dinner each night, we are happy to consider providing an evening meal only, to be arranged. If you take this option, you will still need to buy your own breakfast and lunch)
2. Up to 15 hours a week - free accommodation, self cater/byo food. Use of shared kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining facilities.
3. Option 2 also available if you want to park your campervan, power and water are available, with use of bathroom, kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining facilities.
We are flexible too if you want to take outside paid work for a few hours.
Accommodation is in the main house in your own private room (our spare bedroom), with single bunk beds. Suit a single person (will consider two people/friends who are happy to share room) with shared bathroom facilities, use of kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining areas. There is also option for byo tent/van, with use of bathroom, kitchen, laundry facilities inside house, if you prefer & have your own campervan. Power and water available.
**nb, we are early risers, if you enjoy long sleep ins, this is the wrong place! Whilst we are flexible, early morning starts before 8am are a must :) ** The animals need feeding and tending to, this is priority.
As we work long hours and not always around, during the day ideally someone who is independant, trustworthy, can work on their own without supervision (plan your days), and must be extremely self motivated. Happy to fit in with outside paid work if you find it, but we are priority work.
Work will mostly be in the morning and afternoon/evening. You will have some free time in the middle of the day (to explore the local area).
You will be given daily jobs each morning, but please ask, as we expect some work to be done.
We are also hosts on airbnb, and may require our guest room to be cleaned and set for guest arrivals. Experience as a hospitality housekeeper would be an advantage.
Please note - alcohol is not included, nor is wi-fi, or food.
Please respect our house rules (no food/drink in your room, no shoes inside).
Must be respectful, clean & tidy up after yourself, as we like to keep our house clean.
Drivers licence preferred. We can't supply transport, however the bus runs past front gate and we can offer a bicycle, or you can travel with us when we drive into town.
Farm/agricultural experience, especially with horses, would be an advantage.
Must love animals, especially dogs & cats.
Non smokers preferred, sorry we don't cater for vegetarians or special dietary needs, but if you can cook delicious meals, we are happy to consider.
Healesville Sanctuary is a short walk to visit, as well as National Park, bush walking tracks.
Prefer your arrival & departure over weekends/Friday, so we can spend time to show you the house, farm and the township for shopping etc.
We are an English only speaking household, your English must be fairly good.
Normally minimum 2 week stay, and happy to consider longer stays. We can't offer 2nd year Visa, but we do offer peaceful, beautiful surroundings, farm life, nature, bush walks, pleasant company and very friendly animals :).