This is a 4-acre (2.2 hectare) homestay, in central San Diego, located on a 3-part canyon. There is a main house, and back house Airbnb rental. The property is large, and the pool area needs to be nicely landscaped at all times for the guests, and the other .75 acres needs tree trimming, mulching, planting, gardening, composting, etc. I garden and maintain everything myself. Iím happy to train anyone who doesnít have any handy skills or knowledge about landscaping or gardening. Iím no expert, but most of the work is easy enough to understand. If youíre a handyperson, or have any special skills, please let me know. Most of the help I need is pretty easyóas long as you have a good work ethic and youíre willing to put a little muscle to it, weíll do just fine. Please be prepared to:
1) Be honest and straight forward with me.
2) Be a self-starter/take initiative on tasks (especially if you prefer to work alone).
3) Communicate when you'd like to work/ when youíd like free time
4) Work at least as hard as I do.
5) Communicate as often as need be.
7) Be direct with me, and try to take direction well
This location canít be beat. We are walking distance to great restaurants and pubs, and a 10-15 drive or Uber/Lyft to most attractions.
Your accommodation will either be in one of my furnished rentals or in the 30-foot Airstream in the back behind the pool wall. The Airstream is almost complete. If anyone wants to help putting the final touches on the window latches, caulking around the windows and doors, and polishing the aluminum exterior, that would be great. The Airstream is nice enough to be featured in a magazine (itís definitely not some gross, moldy trailer in the back ;)
Please be prepared to answer the following questions if youíre interested in staying here:
1) When are you planning to come to San Diego/ How long will you be here. Short stays are fineóPlease commit to at least a week or two.
2) Do you have any limitations to your ability to work? Back problems? Physical limitations?
3) Do you have any food allergies? Are you a Vegan? I donít cook Vegan food, but would be happy to purchase whatever you need.
4) Clarify any/all expectations you have about your work hours ahead of time. All my past helpers have worked between 5-6 hours a day, 5 days a week--we try to free up on Saturday and Sunday) All their meals were either cooked and served, take out was purchased, or they were provided all the groceries they requested and did their own meal prepping. Everyone's a little different--but clearing up expectations before you arrive here is the only way it works.
I take very good care of Helpers, and I have had excellent, hard-working Helpers in the past (weíre all still friends) I really canít afford to take on anyone who isnít here to do the best job they canó
I donít need a tenant or a roommate, I need help.
This is a great opportunity, the work is fun, and there are plenty of perks for anyone who does a great job here. I speak German and communicate well enough in Spanish. If your English is not that great, thatís not an issue for me.
Iím looking forward to hearing from you.