All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.3
Host ID: 35260
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 17, 2019
We are currently only looking for long stay helpers from first week of December until January or longer.
We're a couple in our 30s with a beautiful 1 year old boy. We live in a 4 bedroom house with our housemate Joseph. We are going away for a few weeks over Christmas and New Year so we are looking for a couple to take care of the place from early December until at least mid January. You must be insanely good at cleaning as your main job while we're away will be to scrub the rental house room by room. If attention-to-detail is not your thing, then maybe this isn't for you.
About our place:
- Approx 7kms from the city
- Unlimited internet
- Your own room with a queen bed
- Shared bathroom and toilet
- Flexible helping hours
- We have just moved into a rental house which needs a good clean!
- A couple or two friends happy to share a queen bed (we're not accepting solo travellers at this time)
- Incredible at cleaning and attention to detail
- Not allergic to cats (we have two)
- If you speak another language as your first, we ask that you speak to our son in your first language
- You can come stay for a few days so we can check out your cleaning skills and that everyone gets along. Then if we all like each other, you will need to stay at least until mid January. We're open to longer stays as well!
- Hours and days are entirely flexible.
- While we are away you will need to scrub the house, mow and maintain the yard, feed the cats, put out the bins and any other little jobs that pop up.
- While we're home jobs might also include cooking dinner and cleaning up, playing with our little man while we get things done and generally helping out around the house.
- We can share food while we're home but you will provide your own food while we are away.
Any other questions, just ask!
We also have family in:
(Uncle Roger has a family-run boutique vineyard of which he is an enthusiastic sampler, contact them for best way onto the island, he has his own boat;)
(Mum and Dad have a 40 acre hobby farm and usually have several injured/orphaned baby Australian animals they are nursing back to health)
#Christchurch, New Zealand
(My bro, Simon, can help you out if you want to swap some hard work around the house for everything you ever wanted to know about outdoor adventure in NZ, Tasmania and Victoria)