All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.3
Host ID: 35260
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 14, 2019
We will be accepting helpers again from May.
We're a couple in our early 30s. After several years in Darwin and 6 months travelling Europe and Asia on our honeymoon, we finally decided to settle down in Melbourne. We now have a gorgeous 1 year old and are about to embark on the next adventure of knocking down and rebuilding our house.
About our place:
- We're close to the train and 4 train stops from the city
- Unlimited internet
- Your own space with a queen bed
- Flexible helping hours
- We will all move in the next few months to somewhere nearby so we can knock down the house
- A couple or two friends happy to share a queen bed (we're not accepting solo travellers at this time)
- We're looking for people who are easy-going and self-motivated. We like people who want to help out without being asked and ask questions when you're not sure. This makes our lives much easier while we're hosting!
- Not allergic to cats or bees
- Can easily climb a ladder
- If you speak another language as your first, we ask that you speak to our son in your first language - Bonus if you are French as he has just had 2 months with our last amazing French helpX
- Bonus if you can cook creative, gluten-free meals (if you can't and you like cooking, we can help)
- If we all get along, we would prefer helpers for longer stays. We have a lot of things going on at the moment so this helps us out with continuity
- approx 20 hours per week with weekends off
- helping Dave with assorted jobs around the house and yard (sorting, cleaning, digging, building, cooking, gardening etc.)
- taking care of the baby as needed
- also cooking and cleaning up after the evening meal most nights
- hours and days are flexible, just ask
We also have family in:
(Uncle Roger has a family-run boutique vineyard of which he is an enthusiastic sampler, contact them for best way onto the island, he has his own boat;)
(Mum and Dad have a 40 acre hobby farm and usually have several injured/orphaned baby Australian animals they are nursing back to health)
#Christchurch, New Zealand
(My bro, Simon, can help you out if you want to swap some hard work around the house for everything you ever wanted to know about outdoor adventure in NZ, Tasmania and Victoria)