All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 50
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 37054
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 25, 2020
May 2020 - We are currently not hosting ...
We are looking for an independent, fun, efficient, individual to join our family of four for 3 months (minimum).
Our children are aged 7 and 9. We live on a farm on the outskirts of Queenstown. We farm and own a number of childcare centres. The girls in the family are all slightly horse mad. Our life is very full.
This position would suit someone who wants to become part of the family, enjoys working/living with kids, and living on a farm. There may be teacher relief work available at our childcare centres for the right candidate. We have previously structured this arrangement with working in the morning and having the afternoons/evenings off. Position is not available to couples.
* Fantastic food guaranteed
* Option to graze your own horse
* Wide variety of responsibilities - no day is the same and great adventures are likely
Accommodation is provided in a tidy warm sleep out (with a comfy queen bed) separate but adjacent to the main house, shared bathroom with the family, in main house.
* Working for an entrepreneurial, kind, forward thinking couple.
* Beautiful part of the world to live and work in with an amazing natural environment, including two ski fields within 30 mins of back door.
* Food and board, plus agreed weekly income (dependent on suitability of applicant, flexibility and agreed hours).
* Ad hoc benefits at our discretion.
The successful candidate would be:
* Energetic, responsible, mature, independent, kind and courteous and essentially show initiative.
* Good sense of humour
* Tuned communication skills
* Experienced in childcare - a genuine love of kids required
* Experienced with horses.
* Tidy and organised - we live in a small space
* Enjoy cooking, sharing a love of good food is definitely a plus
Applicants must have:
* Full, clean drivers licence
* One year work visa
* Clean police vet check
* Outstanding references.
* High standard of English language
* Domestic support (daily laundry, wood box filling, house cleaning, baking, groceries).
* Animal husbandry - feeding chickens, horses (hard feeding, grooming, covering and uncovering at a minimum), dogs.
* Babysitting (occasional)
* Mucking out paddocks
* Helping kids with ponies
* Preparation of meals
Weekends are your own - to ride, ski, hike, adventure, socialise - or rest.
Position commences September 2019 (negotiable for an outstanding candidate). Please send your CV and cover letter, with references. We also have references available from previous au pairs.
Please contact us via email - we check this regularly