All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 42942
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 15, 2018
Thank you for visiting my page!
I am Sean, and I am the manager of New Orlean's newest hostel.
The house was originally built in 1831. It is beautifully decorated and furnished, describing the architectural characteristics of the old New Orleans' houses. As we are proud of the details of the house, we would like you to enjoy every part of the house.
We would be happy to have a couple more volunteers to help with cleaning, front desk, and/or organize events.
The current team is myself and 7 staff members.
You will be sharing a staff dorm room (2 bunk beds) with other helpers. Breakfast food is always available and Wednesday Jambalaya dinner also free to volunteers. Also I definitely try to treat the helpers to lunch or dinner as many times as possible. There are two different jobs for the hostel to volunteers. 1) Maintenance 2) Front desk. Please indicate the job that you want to apply for on your email.
Requirements for Maintenance
* Experience with house maintenances or construction works.
* Must have good carpentry skills. Electricity / Plumbing knowledge/skills will be plus.
* Going to work less than 20 hours per week.
* Minimum stay will be 2 weeks.
Requirements for Front Desk
* Should be outgoing and sociable. We definitely look for someone with a high energy
* Experience or willingness to interact with different cultures on a daily basis
* Must be able to speak good English
* Help period should be 6 WEEKS to six months any time of a year.
* You are going to help 25 hour per week for a room and board.
**WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS**
If you are interested, please contact me through this website, and send your resume (if available).