All Year: No
Area (ha): 2.5
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 50662
Region: Far North
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 10, 2019
We are a couple with 5 children (ages from 2-11) living and thriving on a lifestyle block.
Our long term goal is to become self-sustainable based on permaculture principles. We already have producing fruit trees, large veggie garden and animals. It is a small piece of land (2.7h or 7 acres) but, with the children, it is big enough to keep us busy.
We have 2 puppies, chickens, ducks, a friendly kunekune pig, sheep, cows and a cat.
We are meat eaters, however, we love our fruit and veges. Please do not be put off if you are vegetarian, hoever, you need to be aware that you may have to cook meat. If you are vegetarian please bring your own protein source.
We live 4km inland from the small village of Taipa which is 31km from Kaitaia or 66km north of KeriKeri. We are close to the very beautiful coastline of Doubtless Bay where you have stunning beaches such as Cable Bay, Coopers Beach, Mangonui, Tokerau, Houhora, KariKari peninsula and more. We are also about 99min from the most northern tip of NZ (Cape Reinga).
Ideally we are looking for a motivated, easygoing singleton > 22yrs with experience with children and animals. The ideal candidate will be efficient in household management and flexible with required jobs. We have over an acre of landscaped gardens with native trees, pond and grazing for the bigger animals.
You are also expected to be patient and a good listener as we are a busy household!
It is important that you have your own transport as we live quite isolated.
You are expected to be able to understand and talk in English.
Our agreement would be ….
• Free accommodation 7 days per week. The accommmodation is separate to the main house, however, we run a wellness business out of this building. Therefore, you will have your own bedroom, but the kitchen and living area will be used for session. However, not during your free times. There will have to be flexibility from both parties.
• We will provide 3 meals per day during your 5 working days. It is expected that you will help with food preparation and tidy up after meals. Please note: We do NOT provide food on weekends when you are not working.
• 9am-12.00pm. 3pm-5pm Mon-Fri (5 hrs of work/day).
• You are free to do your own thing on Sat and Sun.
• It rains a lot here so bring wet weather gear and preferably gumboots and expect to work in the rain sometimes.
• We are looking for a maximum of 1 week commitment.
INSIDE WORK tasks include:
Washing, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, food preparation, cooking, cleaning, entertaining and supervising children etc.
OUTSIDE WORK tasks include:
Pruning, waterblasting, Gardening, clearing ditches, cleaning sheds, bagging manure, painting, collecting eggs, preparing them for sale, feeding animals etc.
We are looking to share our slice of paradise with motivated people who are willing to contribute and implement agreed ideas.