All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 51605
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 15, 2019
Hello! we are Caro and Marco (from Mexico & Switzerland), and together we've been traveling and working in hostels for 1.5 years in Central and South America. We recently came back to Mexico to start our first hostel together! We're so happy to be able to do what we love after experiencing the hostel life for 3 years now, where we had the chance to meet the craziest, creative and awesome people from all over the world.
We choose Puerto Escondido for this adventure, as this is a town that has a little bit of everything: Quiet life, beautiful beaches, lagoons, bioluminescent plankton, dolphins, whales, turtles, surf, nightlife, culture, and the most amazing sunsets.
We're located in a town near to the center, 18 min walking to the swimming beaches, which are also perfect for beginners surfers. Our location is also close to the market, supermarkets, and the airport.
Our hostel is meant to be focused on digital nomads and extreme backpackers. We're working hard renovating the house and making it the most comfortable possible for them, getting the best features and activities that a good hostel must offer. The place is a beautiful and huge Mexican colonial house, with a huge garden and three big mango trees that in the season we can enjoy literally every day.
As we are former experienced volunteers, we would like to have people with the same passion as us. We're looking for people who can help us with different activities:
- Construction/Carpenteering. People who can help us to build furniture out of pallets. We are not looking for perfection, but initiative and creativity.
- Art/Murals. The house's walls are the perfect canvas. We need help to project our Mexican folklore identity on the walls, floor, ceilings, everywhere!
- Yoga Teachers. What better way to relax and to keeping the good vibe of the place with some yogis around? This is one of our most successful activities, and we're are constantly looking for amazing people who want to share their lessons with guests and friends.
- Gardening/Permaculture. A huge space is ready to be used to grow lots of plants and trees, we just need the help of people who love to share their knowledge and talent, and most importantly, with the creative spirit to achieve it.
- General Maintenence. This is the most important activity. Having a spotlessly clean space it is always attractive to everybody. The chores are cleaning (house and garden), laundry, making beds, etc. Must be a committed person who understands the importance of this activity.
If you have some of these qualities, please apply! We're always looking for talented, fun, energetic, committed people.
- You will sleep in one of our shared bedrooms, with your own fan and universal/USBs plugs. The room big with enough storage place and the bathroom is shared with other volunteers or travelers.
- Food is not included.
- You can use our laundry room as you need, and cook all you want in our spacious kitchen.
You'll experience the real Mexican life, living like a local, with all its idiosyncrasies and virtues. You might learn or practice your Spanish. You will also find the diversity of its beaches, people, nature and culture. All this in exchange for what you have to teach us.
While you are with us:
- You'll be treated like family.
In your free time:
- We will be your tour guides.
- We will explain to you which are the best tours and surfing schools (with discounted prices!)
- Bicycle for your use to go shopping and explore the area. It is quite easy and cheap to go around on taxis or colectivos.
- Occasionally drinks and party with us.
- Fun and laughs are up to us :)