All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 50
Persons: 1 and 2
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 54405
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 1, 2018
We are running a farm in the mountains (873 meters, Plateau de Sault ) and breed "Castillonnais" horses respectfully towards all living beings. We apply subtle communication and equipedagogie, where we invite the horses to work - riding, ploughing, pulling wood and a horse carriage, and in winter sled driving.
The Castillonnais horses are an endangered with only 550 individuals left on earth. We have around 15.
Our project is done out of passion and love.
Freďa and Charles - friends and neighbours - working together for 7 years. We are passionate about horses, smiling and laughing a lot. We are looking for self-motivated people with an eye for things that need doing, and we need help in participating in the daily work. At the moment we are restoring the stable, creating horse-boxes inside, preparing winter cutting fire wood and fence making to prepare nice places for the horses.
We have started growing an edible hedge, and more planting works needs to be done.
jobs that need doing
- wood and metal work
- gardening (knowledge in permaculture appreciated)
- fire wood
- horse brushing
- educating and training horses
- field work
- shrub clearing
- renovation buildings (painting) and beautifying
- scratching horses
what we can offer :
- light and joyful communication and being together
- to learn to "speak" with horses (Equipedagogie and Subtle Communication)see video on youtube "equivita"
- learning animal traction with mules and horses
- organic food
- a warm house in the winther and a nice clean caravan in the summer
- calm and beautiful surroundings (first shop at 3 Km)
- amazing hiking (we have the maps)
- skiing not far
- one horse open sleigh (if there is snow)
- Mediterranean sea is 2 hours away
We speak Danish, English, French and German and understand Swedish and Norwegian.
None smokers only.