All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 130
Persons: 1 - 6
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 55977
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 6, 2020
Hello! Welcome to our Farm!! Our farm sits on a beautiful piece of land with a variety of very sweet animals, we know we are so lucky to have what we have and decided to share our treasures with everyone. Our goal is to make a difference to the earth we live on, the people we interact with and the animals we share this planet with. We have turned our farm into a petting zoo and Airbnb. We have a variety of tasks around the farm from daily animal care to building projects and everything in between, there will always be something that suits your talents! And if you think you have none (talents) donít worry, we will dig them out if you! We want you to come to our farm as guests wanting to help with our cause of creating a place that helps people reconnect with animals and nature. Our belief is that one small act of kindness is one step closer to creating a happier planet :-) You can also check out our Facebook page at Down To Earth Farms Petting Zoo! Shane:)
We are looking for help with:
- Daily chores which includes feeding and watering all the animals.
- Maintaing clean houses and pens for the animals.
- Oh, and maintaining a clean house and pens for us to!
- Grooming the animals.
- Keeping the farm clean and tidy.
- Collecting firewood
- We are always building and upgrading pens and homes for the animals.
- When we are open to the public/private functions we have to get the farm and animals ready.
- We have a campfire going when we are open which needs to be kept going.
- When we are open, interacting with the public sharing whatever knowledge you have of the animals and farm.
- When we are open, making sure the animals are being treated in a good manor.
- When we are open, helping people get on a horse or pony.
*** These are just some of the tasks at the farm, we will work with you to tailor the tasks that suit you:)
- Work days are typically between 4-6 hours.
Activities you can do on the farm:
- Horseback riding.
- Hiking/biking, there are beautiful trails on our land.
- Pool Table.
- Canoeing on lakes or rivers.
- Dinosaur museum.
- Pioneer museum.
- Old blacksmith shop and museum.
- Nitehawk adventure park, ski, snowboard, luge track, tube park, freestyle water ramp, gravity mountain bike park.
You will stay in the house with us and are welcome to join us with any activities we do. We are a vegetarian family and buy organic as much as possible. As far as preparing meals it all depends what we arrange with you and other helpers that may be here. It ranges from making meals together, taking turns making supper to cooking for yourself whichever works best:).
Our farm is situated on top of a hill with a great view, it's a magical farm!! If your looking for some peace and quite with the exception of a few fury friends you'll love it! We have the best view anywhere around, everyday looks a little different. The winters are amazing on the farm, its very quiet and peaceful. Grande Prairie is 25 minutes away and has everything you would need, it has a population of around 65 000 people. There are many cool places to see locally. Have a Great Day! Shane